Sheriff of Starr County (Westward Sagas Book 5) by David A Bowles

Sheriff of Starr County (Westward Sagas Book 5) 

by David A Bowles

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 5/5

Synopsis
When Texas becomes a newly-minted state, good men and women work hard toward progress and peace. Texas Ranger Will Smith travels to the borderlands of the Nueces Strip to become the first Sheriff of Starr County. He’ll do what he must to bring justice to the frontier, including wrangling outlaws, navigating political intrigues, fighting Indians, and keeping the tenuous peace between the Tejano and Anglo residents. He encounters influential statesmen and entrepreneurs of early Texas, assists the US Army, and falls for two very different women.

This is exciting and authentic fiction based on the author’s own ancestors. It’s a compelling story in readible format for anyone who appreciates Texas history.

My Thoughts
I searched long and hard through the treacherous backend roads of the Internet, with the aim of brushing up your knowledge on the best Western novels ever written by straight-shooting Western authors.

Cowboys aren’t much for small talk, so we’ll get to the point: Sheriff of Starr County by David A Bowles is among the best Western books I have read till date. This book would get more than five stars if it were allowed. This is one of the best books I ever read, and I am always reading something. Though it is 'fiction', the author uses a lot of words and phrases that were used in old times. Researched well, as far as I know, I think a lot of the dialogue and episodes were from primary sources (non-fiction accounts). The more interesting aspect, however, is the intricate portrayal of lead character. 

If you enjoy the tales of the Old West, this book is for you. The book is written in such a manner that you can feel the heat of the summer sun or the biting cold of the winter. I am not a fan of western lore, I do not even watch western movies, but I decided to take a chance on this book. I was richly rewarded for the hours that I spent reading the book. 

This is great storytelling . . .David A Bowlesb writing is one of the most accomplished prose styles I have read in contemporary fiction, and this narrative is the best blend of fiction and history I’ve read in a long while.

Highly Recommended!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Revenge Seeker by Vk Tritschler

Lost Daughters of Avalon (Awakenings) by J. Lynn Else

Loz The Worry-Eating Monster by Alison McQuillan