Review : An Unusual Honeymoon by Mamta Kashyap

An Unusual Honeymoon 

by Mamta Kashyap

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Rating 4.4/5


Synopsis

Transport yourself into the world of Bollywood romcoms!

"By the end of it, you will feel better about some extra flab around your waist, being clumsy sometimes, and for falling in love with the wrong guys - All. The. Time. because it always works out eventually."

What happens when an ambitious girl-next-door finds herself on her honeymoon all alone, without a husband? What happens when she meets a handsome stranger who proposes a deal too lucrative to walk off from?

This is the story of Mahasweta who just wanted to redeem her self-esteem by at least succeeding at her career. Only, life doesn't happen that way. A lonely honeymoon turns into an unusual one as she agrees to an unrealistic deal.

This is a short, sweet, silly, feel good love story, with some laughter, some absurdities, some fun, some feelings and a beautiful and kind Fairy Godmother, too!

My Thoughts

Have you ever read a book and started laughing right from the very first page, and you instantly knew that this was going to be one of your favourite books of the year? Well, this is exactly how I felt about An Unusual honeymoon, the amazing, utterly refreshing and empowering queer rom-com novel, by Mamta Kashyap.

We’d gone with my friends, to spend a weekend on the beach and -naturally- I had to bring a book with me. To make you realise how completely mesmerised I was by this book. Starting with the technicalities of this novel, I loved the fact that the writing style felt so contemporary and modern, and I didn’t have to focus too much to get what was happening in this world.

The pacing was absolutely wonderful, there was tension and ups and downs. There were funny scenes and breathtaking scenes. Scenes that made me get goosebumps and scenes that truly inspired me.

All in all, An Unusual honeymoon was original, refreshing and so f*cking relatable. It reminded me that we should always be true to ourselves, for people will always find excuses to be mean and vitriolic, if that’s who they truly are.

A must read for all the lovers of Bollywood style rom-com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Revenge Seeker by Vk Tritschler

Lost Daughters of Avalon (Awakenings) by J. Lynn Else

Loz The Worry-Eating Monster by Alison McQuillan