Shanghaied by David Paul Collins

Shanghaied 

by David Paul Collins

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.2/5

Synopsis

When Jack Sligo runs away from his loving Boston-Irish family, he hopes to get a summer job on a cruise ship. His dream becomes a nightmare when he meets two strangers who give him mysterious drinks in a waterfront saloon.

Jack wakes up, far at sea, shanghaied aboard the African freighter, SS Iron Prince. The ship's first call is a remote jungle port in Venezuela where there's plenty of rum, women, and thieves, but no opportunity for escape.

My Thoughts

Initial thought upon finishing the book

This book never cease to be amazing. I really loved this story and all the gorgeous characters in it. It was so thrilling to be back in this world to see how Jack Sligo face everything that is thrown at him in life. I never want this book to end. I wasn’t exactly sure what to expect in this. I found large parts of Shanghaied to be interesting and flushed with adventures. 

What about the audiobook? 

I listened to this, as always, via audiobook and I truly think this is the way to go. I often become disenchanted with books that are long because they take me so long to read – but audiobooks never phase me, even if they are nearly 100hours long. You just plod along very easily and enjoy the amazing performance of Andrew Tell who narrates this.

Summary

I don’t need to warble on any longer on this book. It’s great, guys. The story is different but it’s worth it and totally different piece of adventure. The ending to the book brings a WONDERFUL plot twist that I couldn’t be happier. I love these characters, I would read a book like this for lifetime Collin’s writing is simply spell-binding. Big thumbs up from me.

One reason to listen:

Andrew Tell's incredible narration.

Highly Recommended! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni

Revenge Seeker by Vk Tritschler