The Ancient Chronicles: The Newborn by Richard A. Delgado

The Ancient Chronicles: The Newborn 

by Richard A. Delgado

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.5/5

Synopsis
Badly treated by his father, Leonardo spends the evening hiding away only to find his entire family brutally murdered the next morning. That night, he'd had a dream about monsters, but it had only been a dream, right? Perhaps not, as his family is now dead, and Leonardo is thrust into work as a slave, living a life of solitude as he plots revenge. Unbeknownst to young Leonardo, a dark and mysterious entity has been watching him carefully, waiting for the opportune moment to take him away from his life of abuse and mistreatment. Boris is a reckless, seductive vampire who sees great promise in Leonardo, so one night in the woods, he takes his life-but gives him another. Boris teaches him the immortal ways through the Vampyr Law. However, as a newborn vampire, Leonardo fights a battle between his mortal past and immortal future. He must choose to embrace the darkness or fight against those who came before, while still seeking vengeance for his family's massacre and even becoming a killer himself.

My Thoughts
I recently finished 'The Newborn, by Richard A Delgado. It was the first book I read by Delgado. I have to be honest about something. That something is that I love vampires. Actually, I'm quite obsessed with them. Some call me crazy. Of course I'm crazy.

That's how I ended up with this book.

How was its pace?

At first, I got a little bored, But, eventually, I learned to like this, and I later understood it was all important.

Was it easy to understand?

With both above factors in mind, it was! It had a nice pace and an okay character set-up. The plot was fun to follow and things connected and I understood it!

Did it make me want to keep reading?

Sometimes, there are those truly exceptional books that are glued to your hands. Sometimes, they're fine books, but you just can't seem to want to pick them up again. Sometimes, they're in the middle. At the beginning, it was that somewhere in the middle, but once I began to get interested in the lives of the characters and the little about the lead character, I began to like it more and more, wanting to pick it up. I really enjoyed it.

Did it make me feel something?

It wasn't an over-emotional book for the most part, but it was quite interesting. When the spookay stuff got around, I could understand their fear in the way he described it. I was heartbroken in some parts which I will not specify because spoilers. I felt warm when characters were in love. It definitely made me feel something.

How did I feel by the end of the book?

I felt... aaahhh... It was indescribable. I was heartbroken and wondering things and sort of wanted more. I connected epilogue with prologue and suddenly it all clicked. It was great! I loved the book and all its awesome vampires and everything!

A Must read for sure! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni

Revenge Seeker by Vk Tritschler