Shadow of Twilight (Fated Darkness) by Heather Smith
Shadow of Twilight (Fated Darkness)
by Heather Smith
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.5/5
Synopsis
From the moment Amelia's mother was brutally murdered, her father made sure she knew to never reveal the secrets of her lineage and the powers that it possessed. But no one warned her of what would be unleashed when she met her fated mate. When she shakes Alpha Gabriel's hand, Amelia knew right away that he was her mate, and dread quickly set in.
Once they completed their bond, Amelia begins to receive dreams, warning her of an attack. An old enemy is lurking in the shadows, watching as she matures into the wolf she is destined to be, but can she figure out who he is and how he's connected to her past, or will she be too late to save her pack, her family, and her mate?
The nightmares are only the beginning as a new wave of powers overwhelm her. It's a battle of wills, hearts, and minds, with their lives on the line, and Amelia must decide what she's willing to give up.
My Thoughts
I read this one a week or so back and still can't get the characters out of my head. Heather Smith has created quite the story with Shadow of Twilight and I absolutely adored it.
This is definitely one of the more original fantasy romances I've read in a while. I thoroughly enjoyed the colorful cast of characters, and the way they contrast the deeper issues of the book.
I'm not here to spoil this amazing book and I won't go into too much detail about what happens throughout this story, but I will say this. Heather Smith is a skillful author who paints words on pages that keep you wanting to turn them. Fluid would be a good way to describe her writing style. There wasn't a moment when I didn't want to stop reading, there wasn't a second I wanted to put this book down. The characters are developed, the world building is spot on, and the love interest is delicious. Normally I'm the type of person who likes my books to have more romance, more kissing, more, you know, but I found I didn't need that at all with Shadow of Twilight. I was perfectly satisfied with the tension there was and enthralled with the moments given to me.
Shadow of Twilight is an endearing story and not over the top as far as fantasy goes; something to suck you in but not drown you you with strange creatures and what not. In my opinion, it's the perfect balance of contemporary and fantasy romance meshed together and I highly recommend it.
I think this book will appeal to readers who love romance, with a little paranormal thrown in. I definitely wait to see whats comes next.
A must read for sure!
Comments
Post a Comment