Exodus: Book One of the New Covenant Trilogy by CJ Hawthorne
Exodus: Book One of the New Covenant Trilogy
by CJ Hawthorne
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.4/5
Synopsis
“My name is Clo Sterling of the New Exodus humans. If anyone is out there, please respond.”For five years, the people of colonist ship New Exodus have lived peacefully on their new home planet. But for eighteen-year-old Cloelia Sterling, one planet has never been enough. When her curiosity leads her to send a message into deep space, she discovers that life does indeed exist on other planets... and not all of it is friendly.In a desperate move to save her people, Clo is launched on an interplanetary adventure in search of allies in the fight against the hostile Allorans. With help from her newfound crew, Clo must muster the courage to face the problem she created and return to her ravaged home world. Not all battles can be fought alone, but this one may prove too much even for a united crew. Exodus is a lighthearted space adventure which will appeal to any fans of classic sci-fi and fantasy. If you like junker spaceships, mysterious aliens, and a heartwarming tale of found family, then this is a read for you! Download a preview or order your copy today!
My Thoughts
First of all I want to start with that there are a ton of incredible YA sci-fi books that, for some reason, the entire world refuses to recognize, even with the likes of the Marvel Cinematic Universe conquering pop culture.
The truth is, YA sci-fi adventure has all that to offer too—and more. There are thrilling, adventure-filled expeditions with biting commentary on modern society. There are nail-biting, personal thrillers that will have you second guessing if you can trust even yourself by chapter’s end. And there’s all manner of speculative fiction that we would argue has given us some of the best (and most heartbreaking) stories of all. So, when you put all these together, what’s not to love? I know book nerds aren’t the biggest fans of math, but this is a simple equation, people! You don’t need to be an intergalactic prodigy to recognize that these epic books deserve so much better, and one of those books is Exodus: Book One of the New Covenant Trilogy by CJ Hawthorne , in which Hawthorne delivers a delightful cast and non-stop thrills in this lightspeed sci-fi adventure fantasy. The pages flew by, and I couldn’t put it down.
The worldbuilding in the book was phenomenal. I loved the solar system where the adventure takes place, the religion the author created, the heartwarming tale of found family tension. I loved how the author took the familiar narrative and wove it into the fabric of space. Author manages to surprise the reader throughout the book. The true strength was in the characters themselves. And the imagery used is stunning!
Overall, it was easy to give give stars. I was entertained. I laughed, I was thrilled, I felt something! Those are the best kinds of books! It ended with a cliff hanger, but nothing to bad. The book wrapped up nicely, but set us up perfectly for a thrilling sequel! I know I can't wait for another one!
All in all, the plot is totally unpredictable, the characters are loveable and the ending will leave you gutted. I can't wait to learn more about the Clo Sterling fight for a cause. This is only the beginning of what's going to be a formidable series!
Highly Recommended!
Comments
Post a Comment