Contagion (Polaris) by Niki Block

Contagion (Polaris) 

by Niki Block 

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.4/5

Synopsis
SET IN A POST-APOCALYPTIC, DYSTOPIAN NEAR FUTURE, Jack Lanigan is a traumatized Former CIA agent working as a security guard in Polaris - a powerful security agency that acts as its own nation-state within the city of Chicago. When Jack accidentally mistakes the president of Polaris for a thief, he shoots and kills the most powerful man in the agency. Condemned to execution without trial, Jack manages to escape, but finds himself amidst a manhunt that leads him on a trail of conspiracy he never could have expected. Polaris may be behind one of the world's most deadly biological weapons, and Jack realizes he may have already had a role in its horrifying production. Determined to set things right, Jack joins forces with a team of rag-tag former agents in a mission to expose Polaris' crimes....

My Thoughts
The genre that comprises post-apocalyptic and dystopian novels has enjoyed a resurgence in recent years. A few novels within that genre further interrogate these future and destroyed worlds by introducing crime investigators to pursue their work in among the ruins and survivors. These protagonists attempt to enforce laws drawn from the most basic of human moral codes. Contagion (Polaris) by Niki Block Set in post apocalyptic, dystopian near future, A former CIA agent Jack Lanigan is traumatized working as a security guard in Polaris - a powerful security agency that acts as its own nation-state within the city of Chicago. Jack accidentally mistakes the president of Polaris for a thief, he shoots and kills the most powerful man in the agency.
What will happen next?
What chaos did this action bring?
Read this unputdownable novel by an amazing author Niki Block .

I really enjoyed this book, the story line was something new to me and I could not stop reading! A really good thrilling post apocalyptic novel! Great writing with attention to detail. The sub-plots are cleverly interwoven with main plot line as the author keeps the reader constantly updated and well informed. The characterisation(s) are well thought out and fully developed and contribute to the story line. I was thoroughly engrossed by an impressive book. I read this book straight through as I put off chores, errands, eating and barely took bathroom breaks as I wanted to see how people could survive such cold without having their basic needs met. 

I must say , I always enjoy reading Niki Block's books. She writes in such a way that you feel your are there, feeling the cold and the emotions the characters are feeling.

Highly Recommended!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni

Revenge Seeker by Vk Tritschler