Never Say Sever in Deadwood by Ann Charles

Never Say Sever in Deadwood 

by Ann Charles

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.5/5

Synopsis
All Violet Parker wants is a day off. Better yet, just a “normal” day. But things never go as planned, especially in Deadwood.

Someone—or rather something—broke into the local taxidermy shop and took bites out of the critter displays before racing off into the dark. But this is no random crime and Violet knows it. With a bounty on her head and troublemakers zeroing in on her, she soon goes from being the hunter to the hunted.

“Burly muscled and rawhide tough don’t matter. Never tangle with a Scharfrichter!” ~Violet Parker

My Thoughts
I honestly didn't expect too much from this novel, but it surprised me. Being a fan of the paranormal Romance, it’s always interesting to see how authors use the original as a map of points to visit along a similar journey.
I read this in a weekend with many interruptions and found my mind returning to the book many times before I could physically do so. The characters and circumstances draw you in. The sections are insanely well-written, all puns intended. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and found it a real page turner. It needs to be read as a stand alone thriller. But if you can forget the classic, which couldn't be bettered, and just accept it as a story, it's very good. I think the author would be better off using her imagination on an original theme but this was a commendable effort. I couldn’t put it down once I started. It reminded me also of the books I used to read many many years ago. The Author has a wonderful way with words, very descriptive and visual in a way of watching a scene coming to life in front of me. Would recommend this book 100%.

What’s more delicious than a novel with so many twists and turns that you don’t know who’s telling the truth until it’s over—and even then you’re not so sure? Ann Charles’s Never Say Sever in Deadwood is just that book. The story is well written with flawed characters. Kept me guessing several times. I hope you enjoy it. I sure did.

Smart, thrilling, and completely unexpected, Ann Charles delivers the goods in the brilliant Never Say Sever in Deadwood. Highly recommended for readers who like incandescent prose and deep deceptions.

Highly Recommended!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni

Revenge Seeker by Vk Tritschler