The Warfighter: A Novel of the Second Korean War (The Aviator: Stories of Future Wars Book 2) by Craig DiLouie
The Warfighter: A Novel of the Second Korean War (The Aviator: Stories of Future Wars Book 2)
by Craig DiLouie
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.5/5
Synopsis
Peace has returned to the Pacific after the Taiwan War, but it doesn’t last. The Korean peninsula erupts in fire and blood, drawing America into a fresh conflict that sees use of some of the world’s deadliest weapons.In the aftermath, Navy fighter pilot Jack Knapp tells a news reporter about his experiences fighting the Korean People’s Army (KPA) and how he helped prevent a nuclear attack that could have destroyed an American city.As the media simultaneously cheers and questions the war, Jack sets out to explain the truth of its heroism and horror—so that all might understand war’s true cost.
My Thoughts
What the heck did I just read? I didn't read the publicity blurb prior to requesting this, and I never read the publicity blurb before starting reading. The fact that Craig DiLouie is an author was good enough for me. And I hit the jackpot! I am so pleased I never read the blurb; I would never have requested this and I would have missed out on a spectacular read. Wow!!!this book is great , full, of action, suspense, war and I too would think this would make a great film... The pace of the book is well thought out though at times I too had to stop and take a breath as I felt I couldn't take the excitement. If you've never read any of Craig DiLouie book then I would highly recommend reading this as I'm sure that like me you will enjoy it too. I must say it's a great sequel if you want a fast paced read with realistic details about military warfare it's a must read for you.
If you are going to pick The Warfighter up, and I strongly recommend you do, set a day aside with no distractions or interruptions to read it. It's not a long read, but it is action packed. This is no runaway train. There is no slow start, no build up. This is a bullet train - it starts fast and just gets faster, more suspenseful, more thrilling, and flushed with action.
Highly Recommended!
Comments
Post a Comment