Tayna Chronicles: The Secret City by Sara Skrobo

Tayna Chronicles: The Secret City 

by Sara Skrobo

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.4/5

Synopsis
Sofija lives in a totalitarian state with her grandparents and works as a clerk in the city hall. Her parents were killed in the last war, fighting for freedom. When Sofija's grandfather becomes critically ill, she has to risk her life to obtain an illegal travel permit to another province to get medicine for him. On her travels, she meets a strange band of mystics, who take her through a portal into a magical world called Tayna. Tomislav and his wife, Natasha, take her under their wing and explain that she has something very special about her and should explore it. Then Sofija meets Ivan, and from the start, she feels they are soulmates. Will she put her newfound happiness on the line to face the dreaded leader, Tanatos?

My Thoughts
This book is now officially one of my all time favourites. I've been an avid book reader for close on 55 years and some books I keep returning to and some books I bin as soon as I've read them. This is a recent addition to my library and yet I've reread it at least 4 times.
I don't want to bore you with descriptions of what happens, how the main characters are etc, they are people here doing that job, however the two main characters are some of the best I've ever read. Their interaction is lovely to read about. The characters and storyline is flawless. The action scenes are great and Sofija the lead part is just fantastic.
The author reminds me of David Gemmell, an author sadly missed by this reviewer, there are morals aplenty in both authors and at last I've found someone who can replace David now he's no longer with us.

I guess the difference to lots of other books is, that here it serves a purpose. It is not just part of the world or a character, here words are used to express something, add emotions or give weight to a feeling or situation. A lot of time is spend on developing the main characters and their relationship with each other - and well, they are young adults. If you can't hold out any longer flip to the last two chapters, and then go back read the rest, you were just being prepared. This is a great book 

Can't wait for the second book and yes that will mean I'll have to reread both books again, which I looking forward too if I'm honest.

Love the books Sara Skrobo, Highly Recommended!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni

Revenge Seeker by Vk Tritschler