The Other Sister by Alexis Doellinger and Chad Doellinger

The Other Sister 

by Alexis Doellinger and Chad Doellinger

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.5/5

Synopsis
“It sucks to have a sister who is so much better than you at
everything, but it really sucks when that sister is your twin.”

-Beatrice Davidson, 17

Bea’s twin sister Angela is better than her in every way. She has perfect grades, is the captain of the cheer squad, and is dating the star quarterback on the football team. She has the perfect life.

As Bea starts her senior year once again living in Angela’s shadow, her life spirals out of control. Bea faces a life and death decision that threatens to tear her family apart. Before it’s too late, Bea must make an impossible choice that will change her life forever.

The Other Sister is a fast-paced and emotionally intense young adult novel written by fourteen-year-old Alexis Doellinger and her father Chad Doellinger.

My Thoughts
As a preteen and later a teenager, I had dreams of publishing my first novel early and becoming a literary wunderkind. Alas, I’m now 30, and without a novel and international acclaim to my name. For a while, I tried to console myself by thinking of all the famous novelist who didn’t write their masterpieces until later in life, or who only achieved fame years after they died. Surely, I told myself, no one actually writes a novel in their youth.
Unfortunately for my ego, this isn’t true. In fact, a number of talented teen writers have published novels during their middle and high school careers. That’s right, while you were worried about acing your science test or asking your crush to homecoming, these teens were landing book deals. 

The Other Sister by Alexis Doellinger and Chad Doellinger is one of those emotional young adult novel written by an amazing fourteen-year-old author Alexis Doellinger and her father Chad Doellinger. The book is truly raw and realistic. It doesn't have any of the tropes that some novels have and so I enjoyed that The characters and romance was more nuanced and I also enjoyed that more. I really liked it! I just got really into it, I liked the characters; I fell hard for the lead character. I liked the plot, I liked how supportive all characters were because in a lot of books they can be two-faced people. I'm looking forward to reading more of the author's books. 

Alexis Doellinger, the teen YA author, completely enthralled our minds with her debut teenage YA emotional rollercoaster. This is an ideal book, since everyone can will able to relate to all the issues.

Highly Recommended!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni

Revenge Seeker by Vk Tritschler