Chokehold of darkness: will of magic by Peter J. Reurings
Chokehold of darkness: will of magic
by Peter J. Reurings
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.5/5
Synopsis
Fantasy readers - here is a feast for you! A world in which evolution took a different path, where mammals do not dominate, and Humanity is not alone. Then magic came to the world and threw it even further into chaos.
My Thoughts
Fantasy is the oldest genre of literature, pre-dating the invention of bound books by thousands of years thanks to mythology and folklore. Yet even now, readers and critics can’t always agree on what fantasy is and what it isn’t. Chokehold of darkness: will of magic
by Peter J. Reurings is one of the books I’ve had on my list of Must Read Fantasy Books for way too long!
It’s my goal to always read diversely and it makes my heart feel whole when I see a cast of characters in a Fantasy that are for the mostly all people of color. In Chokehold of darkness we get a diverse cast of characters from different socioeconomic backgrounds. There are no purely good/evil characters in this story. Everyone has an agenda & even those looking out for the interest of the under privileged will cross lines for the greater good. I truly felt connected with many characters. The world building is done amazingly.
I absolutely LOVED Peter J. Reurings’s world building! It never once felt info dumpey. The character development was on point as was the world building which heightens my interest in getting to the next book very soon. I honestly felt like I was watching pieces on a chess board move, wondering what was going to happen next.
Highly Recommended!
Comments
Post a Comment