United Vidden by Fern Brady

United Vidden 

by Fern Brady

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.4/5

Synopsis
Shattered by her father’s decision to deny her the throne as the first female heir of Dravidia, Princess Verena makes the worst mistake of her life: She runs away. Her departure, days before her wedding to the heir of the Principality of Aulden, throws her nation into war. In a desperate bid to reverse the consequences of her choice, the princess returns to planet Jorn, anxious to prove herself worthy to rule. But it is too late. The princess finds her kingdom conquered by Prince Amiel ra Aulden. Now, Verena must earn back her birthright as well as the trust of her people.

My Thoughts
Science-Fantasy isn’t a new genre, per se, but it is one that is starting to get some clearer definitions within publishing, making it a buzzy place to read. Combining tropes and conventions of both science-fiction and fantasy, magic and time-space travel often go hand in hand. There are often unexplainable forces are at work alongside high tech machines and gadgets. As I decided to pick this up and quickly go through it. I read it slowly (too slowly, I would like to think), for consecutive nights soaking in hot baths and in between glasses of wine.  I finally read it in June with my book club and I have to say: it was hella captivating.

A great book has to have great characters and United Vidden had the perfect protagonists. United Vidden is a book that I will remember and need to reread now that I have a better understanding. The story, the characters, and the writing will keep me awake on random nights for years to come.

It is only around 350 pages but packs a ton. I highly recommend it because I believe it is one of the best science fantasy books. Whether you understand the plot or not, you will enjoy the story.

Highly Recommended!




















Tale of redemption
Science fantasy 
Science fiction
Fantasy 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni

Revenge Seeker by Vk Tritschler