A Child Alone with Strangers: A Novel by Philip Fracassi
A Child Alone with Strangers: A Novel
by Philip Fracassi
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.5/5
Synopsis
When young Henry Thorne is kidnapped and held prisoner in a remote farmhouse surrounded by miles of forest, he finds himself connecting with a strange force living in the woods—using that bond to wreak havoc against his captors. Unknown to the boy, however, is that this ancient being has its own reasons for wanting the interlopers gone—there is something hidden beneath the house, tucked away in the dark, damp root cellar . . . waiting for its return.
My Thoughts
Trust me when I say, this is messed up..." - Philip Fracassi, author "A Child Alone with Strangers: A Novel is a novel that surprised me in the best way possible. It will leave you with your skin crawling. A Child Alone with Strangers blends the cynicism of horrifying events, the greasy and believable characterisation , and the vivid ghastliness of the more literary examples of pulp horror.
I must say its an excellent example of some of the exciting dark fiction being written today and a tale that will leave a lasting impression on any horror fan brave enough to read it. Three days after finishing the final word I still couldn't bring myself to even crack open the cover of something new. Not because I didn't enjoy A Child Alone with Strangers, but due to the power and strength living inside the writing. I love horror as it’s my favorite genre to read but when it comes to extreme horror, this one definitely pushes the envelopes to realms that will definitely offend readers.
A brutalised vision of the very rawest of human hurt, loss and instability magnified out of all proportion. -This is a story that will stick with you.
Highly Recommended!
Comments
Post a Comment