Dead Man's Doll by Diane Bator
Dead Man's Doll
by Diane Bator
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.5/5
Synopsis
Christmas blooms in Sugarwood in the form of a brightly lit tree in town square, colourful ornaments, and a snowstorm. It’s just Audra Clemmings’ luck that she literally stumbles over the local butcher in Miss Lavinia’s shop. Then a witch doctor arrives in town.
Can Audra solve the mystery before the killer turns their sights on her?
My Thoughts
And I’m really enjoying it, well written. Scary - graphic - rated R parts . This author is very good at building suspense so don’t cheat and look ahead. You won’t be disappointed, it keeps getting better and better. I keep thinking when this gets turned into a movie it’ll be fantastic, but I remind myself *nothing* is better than your imagination! Can’t wait for the next book. Honestly, this is the best book I have read in a very long time. Took a little bit at first to get into it but wasn’t long the author grabbed my interest. Once the hook was set, I COULD NOT PUT THIS BOOK DOWN. Very descriptive, I felt like I was there watching everything unfold. If you like scary, thrilling, do yourself a favor and read Dead Man's Doll.
It’s been years since a book left me with nightmares, until I picked this one up. Seriously, I had terrifying nightmares for at least four nights in a row. That’s how Diane Bator gets into your brain with his talent. Isn’t that why we read these types of books? You can literally feel all the characters and world around you, and the fear in the hearts of the characters. As freaked out as I was with this book, oh yah, you can bet I’ll be getting the second one when it comes out. Thank you, Diane Bator, for making me flip the lights on when I’m walking through the house at night.
So many twists and turns, it was hard to put down. Amazing creativity and imagination! Can't wait for the next book.
Highly Recommended!
Comments
Post a Comment