Exhale Review


Exhale
By Sarah Metz

"Everyone is so convinced, they know how I should live my life. But no one is convinced that I should have to be happy in the way I live it."

Blurb
Writing has always been an outlet, an escape, and a safe place for me. It's kept me grounded and given me a way to unload the jumbled mess inside my head. In that regard, however, I know I am not alone. We all have a story. We all have pain. We all have heartbreak. We all have growth. We all have struggles. We all have evolution. This is mine. Enclosed is a look into my deepest and most intimate thoughts, wrapped into a collection of poetry, storytelling, and thought-provoking questions about this crazy thing we call life. I've always found comfort in words that I can relate to. The kind of words that give you chills when they strike a chord across your heart and light a fire within your soul. All my life, I've only shared my writing with a select few - but knowing that my words could potentially strike that same chord and light that same fire in someone else, I no longer wanted to hold back. I no longer wanted to hold my breath. So, this is me; exhaling.

The Readera Review of Exhale | Genre Poetry 
I turned a page to find spots where the paper has become cockled , from what I believe were tears from another reader. Exhale by Sara Metz is flushed with emotions of love and heartbreak. Book mainly focuses on the interconnection of pain and love. Sara Metz has used Amazing metaphors to describe her own feelings in the form of poetry. Accompanied by anecdotal notes that pinpoint the source of inspiration.

" I only miss her when I'm breathing "

Author has written this book in such a way that you will feel the connection with every single word of this book.
These free verse entries make frugal use internal and end rhymes to emphasize their points.
Alliteration is also employed , resulting in lyrical and slam poetry sensibilities.

" Sometimes love isn't staying no matter what. Sometime love isn't giving one last chance an infinite number of times. Sometime love is no longer turning a blind eye to the harsh truth of reality. Sometime love is letting them go despite the need for them to stay."

How many reasons would be enough for you to read this book. I can give you thousand. If you are still trying to figure out, if you should commit to starting this book , stop what you are doing, grab it , and start reading. I bet you won't regret.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
4.5/5

Exhale is a work of love with love, to love , to find love inside of every single being.
You are love.
Highly recommended
With love the Readera 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Revenge Seeker by Vk Tritschler

Lost Daughters of Avalon (Awakenings) by J. Lynn Else

Loz The Worry-Eating Monster by Alison McQuillan