Review : A Piece of me By Sarah Wilson
I LOVE YOU
I love you
IS all I want to say
I NEED you
ALWAYS WITH ME
I WANT you
LIKE NO ONE else will
All of us, after a certain age – poets included – feel the need to take a backward glance, to rummage around in our own utterly unique collection of remembered people, sights and sounds, talismanic objects, watershed moments, and to savor again the richly blended emotions we attach to them. And there’s where the poet’s challenge lies. How do you make that personal curio cabinet of memories emotionally available to a reader? Which of one’s recollections will resonate for someone else the way they do for oneself? How much backstory is really necessary, and how little will it take to throw off or obliterate a delicate nuance of feeling?
A piece of me By Sarah Wilson is a marvelous collection of contemporary poems on love , hate , friendship , loss , heartbreak , hope and faith.
While reading A piece of me I felt like author poured her feelings on papers , through the ink of a pen , like we do in our personal diary.
Poems expressing romantic and spiritual love interspread with beautiful abstract art in vivid colours. Poems do not vary much in length. Together they cause the reader to reevaluate his or her conception of love in all its forms - the lover - the romantic partner - the friend - Mother - Husband - Wife. Acceptence of self and love from an omnificient power.
MY DEAR FRIEND
My dear friend, thank you
for always being there for me
when my days were full of darkness,
sorrow, worries, and tears.
YOU BRING HAPPINESS, joy, and huge
smiles to my heart after each rainy day.
I choose you to be my confidante
and my guide to walk with me along
the uneven path of life.
WE DON'T NEED to communicate every day,
for I am certain that I am in
your heart and thoughts.
WE HAD CRIED and laughed together
Poetries by Sarah Wilson highly emphasize on the out of the world feeling of love and how love is not about receiving , happiness , and always staying together. Love is about giving , sharing happiness and expecting the best life for your loved ones regardless , they stay with us or away , weather they love or hurt us.
Positive , Loving and refreshing A piece of me is a poetry book to treasure.
If you are a little bit romantic you will surely love this piece of Sarah Wilson.
A brain aneurysm and massive stroke changed my life, causing me to lose verbal and physical function for many years. As an AVM (Arteriovenous Malformation) survivor, skin cancer survivor, and being legally blind, it would've been easy to give up and quit. Instead, I became a fighter and began living life to its fullest, never taking anything for granted.
I've decided to write a collection of poetry to express the words that I've held in my heart and soul all these years. This collection expresses the way I feel and how I view life, love, friendship, sadness, and loss.
I'm a new and improved woman, life has taught me so many lessons, and now is the time to share what I've learned with the world--this is A Piece of Me.
Comments
Post a Comment