Review : Crime Beat Girl by Geri Dreiling

Crime Beat Girl

By Geri Dreiling

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Rating 4.5/5

Synopsis

A girl is dead. A boy is locked up. Can Debbie Bradley discover the truth before more lives are lost...maybe even her own?

A series of deadly shootings. An outbreak of stolen cars. When journalist Debbie Bradley returns home to St. Louis, the summer crime wave has started. And she's in the center: A witness, a reporter, a target.

Debbie's reasons for leaving behind her promising career in Washington D.C. were complicated. Her mother, a prominent lawyer, was diagnosed with cancer. Her engagement was cooling. When she got offered a job in St. Louis that she hadn't been looking for, Debbie recognized an opportunity. Or an escape.

But she didn't expect to come home and see a girl die. Debbie never planned to investigate a boy behind bars. And she didn't anticipate colliding with hostile cops and wary politicians.

As her work gains attention, Debbie gathers enemies. Will her assignment to cover the St. Louis crime beat be her last?

My Thoughts

Once you know who really is a threat to Bradley and behind all the crimes and Murder in this story, you can never forget it.

As a result, I am eagerly waiting for the upcoming novel by Dreiling. I'm must say What a treat! Even knowing the conclusion, this is a masterpiece of plotting. It’s a constant game between author and reader, with the author almost always coming out on top.

Everything has meaning. Every small detail, every chance remark, every random element. The only clues that are not clues are the most obvious ones. As we reach the denouement, more and more mysteries are resolved.

Geri Dreiling’s writing is amazing and I cannot fault it. I really like how mysterious everything is kept right until the end! I do kinda wish that there was a glossary of sorts for translation of some of the words used in the book as even though they were specifically necessary to know the meaning of, I was curious and kept googling things to find out what they meant. That is the only thing I wish this book had, but it’s not necessary. 

Geri Dreiling writes his book in a majestic manner. He explains the details very well and you wouldn’t even need a visual. He can write something about a pencil and he would still get thousands of readers.

I AM OUT OF WORDS.

Geri Dreiling's way of pointing out the mysteries will give you the autonomy to think of the possible solutions. Dreiling will send you A LOT of clues and you will still not be able to pick up the criminal.

Even I wasn’t able to guess the murderer it was very hard to! I was able to pick up a few clues leading to the possible criminal, but I still wasn’t able to catch him/her.

I really enjoyed Geri Dreiling's Crime Beat Girl! True I have only read 1 so far, but I have loved this one a lot! I really want to read his upcoming book, but for that I will have to wait for a little while because only cover has been revealed.

Highly Recommended!
__________________________________________

About the Author

Geri L. Dreiling is the author of the novels "Crime Beat Girl" and "Erasing the Past." Dreiling's background is eclectic. She is an award-winning alt-weekly journalist, a lawyer who represented clients in criminal defense matters, and she served a stint as the public information officer for the prosecutor's office in the city of St. Louis. Dreiling currently teaches media law and media ethics. Her narrative journalism article about juvenile delinquent girls was featured in the anthology, "Notes from the Underground: The Most Outrageous Stories from the Alternative Press." She also wrote a lengthy piece, "Best Evidence," about a questionable murder conviction. Ultimately, the man won his release from prison through the efforts of The Innocence Project. Dreiling lives in the city of St. Louis with her husband and a rescued Yorkie. Her three chickens call the backyard home. Dreiling's two children, now fully grown, have flown the coop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni

Revenge Seeker by Vk Tritschler