Review : The Light House Keeper by David Richards
The Light House Keeper : A story of mind mastery
By David Richards
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Rating 4.7/5
Synopsis
Sam knows how the life he's currently living ends. It isn't the life, or the ending, he wants. He makes a choice to try his hand as a lighthouse keeper's apprentice. The life of a lighthouse keeper promises responsibility. Adventure. He will find adventure, the likes of which he could never have imagined. The journey that unfolds before him promises to change his life...if he can only survive.
The Light House Keeper by David Richards is a fantastic book and the storytelling is beautiful. The choice of words are impeccable, full of wisdom and philosophy . I totally loved it. The story is very enchanting and bursts with optimism which I think is very important in our lives. The book shows that the journey to your destiny is as important as the destiny itself. I love how the book emphasizes on the importance of faith, and hope through the story of an ordinary boy, Sam. I think this book appeals to everyone because we all have dreams and sometimes we just have to remind ourselves that they may come true. Overall,”The Light House Keeper”is a very exciting novel and it deserves a space at everyone’s bookshelf.
The ending of ‘The Light House Keeper’ made me kick myself with annoyance and laugh with simple enjoyment at the same time. It is so plainly obvious, I feel as if I was ignorant to not see it coming. At first I felt annoyed at the completeness of it all and then I realised that no other ending would have been sufficient for this book.
I never wanted it to end on the first place.
I did truly enjoy this book and I would say it is one of the few books that I have read that I believe everyone should read at least once in their lives.
Highly Recommended!
About the Author
A firewalker, yoga teacher, life strategist, and corporate executive, David Richards is the authorof the #1 international bestselling Whiskey and Yoga: Find Your Purpose. He is a championfor inclusion and diversity in the workplace and honorably served his country as an Officer ofMarines during Operations DESERT STORM and RESTORE HOPE. He received his Bachelorsof English from Penn State University, and earned two Masters degrees from Marine Corps University.He currently lives in North Carolina.
Comments
Post a Comment