Review : Love and Pollination by Mari Jane Law

Love and pollination

By Mari Jane Law

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Rating 4.5/5

Synopsis
Shortlisted for Choc Lit's 2019 Search for a Star competition 
Perdita Riley is facing the greatest dilemma of her life. Why had she taken Violet Freestone's advice on how to make herself look more alluring? It led her into the arms of a womaniser. And now Perdita has to deal with a huge setback. Actually, Setback Number One isn't huge yet, but it won't be long before it is. 
To cheer herself up, Perdita goes shopping, where an extraordinary encounter deposits her, literally, into the lap of Saul Hadley. She would like to stay there, but Setback Number One is going to get in the way.
Will she find a way to deal with what has happened? Can she manage the complications of her growing attraction to Saul?
This hilarious situational romantic comedy will keep you gripped until the very end.

The Review

Love and pollination by Mari Jane Law is romantic , sweet and so relatable - a shining star for contemporary romance!

This is my new book crush , by the way. So ,if I sound like a fan , like a maniac , it's because I am!

I am keeping this review spoiler free because I loved it so so much and I want you to read it , just speaking of my favourite character , Perdita, was brought up by nuns and, although she's naive and faith schools in the UK do not have to give sex education (and Perdita never got it), she understands the mechanics of sex and reproduction but nothing on the practical side of things. When she becomes pregnant through her naivete she can't deal with it and, as a coping mechanism, uses botanical references as a form of denial as to what is happening to her.

I wasn't expecting this book to be this good . I was expecting a lot of drama , stupid characters , an even stupider storyline and really , really cheesy romance. Let me tell you right now, it's the entire opposite of that . It was absolutely awesome.

Everything? Well I'd say about 98% of this book is amazing and the other 2% is juste being picky.

Love and pollination grabbed my attention from the very start . The author has this almost flawless way of explaining things and bringing the reader into her world , slowly pulling us in , it never  felt like an info dump , although there's ton of information to process. 

People will probably pick up on it sooner or later. I have no words to describe how wonderful this book is , pretty much everything about it was absolutely fantastic from writing , world building , characters to plot twists were absolutely masterful.

A must read for sure for all the lovers of contemporary romance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni

Revenge Seeker by Vk Tritschler