Review : Cute Mutants Vol 1 : Mutant Pride by S J Whitby
Cute Mutants Vol 1 : Mutant Pride
I have the next book next to me now waiting to be picked up after I end this.
by S J Whitby
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Rating 4.3/5
Synopsis
My name is Dylan Taylor, human incarnation of the burning dumpster gif, and this is my life.
I always wanted to be an X-Man. Except people and me never got along, and apparently you need social skills to run a successful team. Cue Emma Hall’s party. One hot make out session with the host herself, and I can talk to objects like my pillow (who’s far too invested in my love life) and my baseball bat (who was a pacifist before I got hold of him). Now there’s a whole group of us with strange abilities, including super hot ice queen Dani Kim who doesn’t approve of how reckless I can be. The bigger problem is a mysterious mutant causing unnatural disasters, and we’re the ones who have to stop him. Except trying to make a difference makes things blow up in my face and the team’s on the verge of falling apart. Can I bring them back together in time to stop the villain from taking revenge? Have I mentioned I’m not a people person? Magneto help us.
I always wanted to be an X-Man. Except people and me never got along, and apparently you need social skills to run a successful team. Cue Emma Hall’s party. One hot make out session with the host herself, and I can talk to objects like my pillow (who’s far too invested in my love life) and my baseball bat (who was a pacifist before I got hold of him). Now there’s a whole group of us with strange abilities, including super hot ice queen Dani Kim who doesn’t approve of how reckless I can be. The bigger problem is a mysterious mutant causing unnatural disasters, and we’re the ones who have to stop him. Except trying to make a difference makes things blow up in my face and the team’s on the verge of falling apart. Can I bring them back together in time to stop the villain from taking revenge? Have I mentioned I’m not a people person? Magneto help us.
My Thoughts
First off with my reviews I like to take a moment to say one or two things about the cover or design of the book, I have the cover as shown above. I absolutely love it, I think the light colours represent the feel of the book and the setting within and it’s just so pretty.
Cute Mutants Vol 1 Mutant Pride by S J Whitby was such an awesome first installation to The cute Mutant series. I absolutely loved being introduced to new characters. Words cannot describe just how amazing and breathtaking this book was.One of the things that Whitby is best at is making not only her characters feel but her readers gulp down, as well. S J Whitby’s world building is outstandingly extensive.
To conclude my review, which your probably bored of reading by now… I adored this book. I think it’s absolutely amazing and there is so much packed within, I appreciate the level of fun and excitement that is shown, the magical elements. It’s a very detailed world, but as long as you stick it out you will soon understand it and fall in love. I also really loved how unique the book was not only through its plot and its diverse characters , it allows the opportunity to get into the head of all the characters as they attempt to pull of this plan. I would whole heartedly give this 4 stars.
I have the next book next to me now waiting to be picked up after I end this.
Highly Recommended!!
Comments
Post a Comment