Review : A Packet of Lay's: A Short story of the longest day of my life by Shailendra Nath Jha

A Packet of Lay's: A Short story of the longest day of my life 

by Shailendra Nath Jha

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Rating 4.2/5

Synopsis

Not long ago, before the age of Tinder & Snapchat, existed a world of non-tech, non-virtual and dare-I-say real, innocent love. This is one such real story of the magic of first love, a chase, a little bit of drama and lots of masala. 
This is a love story which has more edge-of-the-seat thrill and suspense, than romance and passion. The story is set on a pleasant February day in Delhi which starts with a bus ride and ends up in a roller coaster ride for a young couple.It is the story of a college guy, who, in pursuit of chasing his love, ends up chasing a bus. All this because of the love of his life, his innocent quest of impressing her and a packet of Lay's- yes, a packet of Lay's!

My Thoughts

Originally, I'm not a huge fan of very short story books. However, I heard it was heavily laced with romance and teen love story and I was pulled in. To be more positive, I will say that most parts of the story were quite sweet and for a minute I’d lose myself. For the majority of the book, those moments were my highlights.

My other highlight and was where the book picks up at the end. There is a certain level of masala and I was glued to the page a lot more. I just wanted that level of engagement throughout.

If you are looking for an amazing book where you can fully immerse yourself in the time period then I’d recommend this for you.

Highly Recommended!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni

Lost Daughters of Avalon (Awakenings) by J. Lynn Else