Review : The Start of Something BIG (The City of Lost Warriors) by Ms Malerie Scammey
The Start of Something BIG (The City of Lost Warriors)
'The start of something big' is at one level simply a charming adventure story, perhaps one of the most charming and most adventurous ever told. There, see how simple that was? If you haven't read it, you should, because it is quite enjoyable. At some level, there is little more to say. Enjoy the story as the simple entertainment it was meant to be. Read it to your children and luxuriate in the excitement and joy that shines from their faces. That's enough.
But if it was only simple entertainment, I do not think that it would be anything more than just a good book. Instead, this simple children's story resonates and fascinates. It teases and hints at something larger and grander, and it instructs and lectures as from one of the most subtle intellects without ever feeling like it is instructing, lecturing or being condescending.
by Ms Malerie Scammey
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Rating 4.5/5
Synopsis
Four Friends on a Journey. A Mysterious World is Found. A Struggle to Find Answers.Have you ever wished that you had an exciting and fun filled spring break? Well Emma Lotal and her three best friends since childhood, Zoey, John and Jonas just want to have a relaxing time on their break from school. What they really don’t expect is for a relative, who is weird to start with, shrink them into this world with wolves that can fly and a mystery that has stumped everyone for years. They automatically know that this is going to be a time to remember. But when you’re in a universe other than the one you grew up in it can be overwhelming.When Emma and her friends don’t seem as scared as they should be and act natural as they embark on a journey to find the lost warriors overseers get suspicious. They realize that Emma and her friends were the ones that Marla was telling the council about and they can’t let the group know why they were brought here and why their life is a lie.Their experience gets even more weird when voices start talking to them and they decide to trust that voice in their head. The worst part is when they think that they are going home and they begin to wonder if there’s any way.So the question is, what if your family was from a mythological land that was talked about in books in the normal world that people thought was to be made up but you were linked to the book in some way?
My Thoughts
Hey, guys! Its finally happened. I finally read this book. I plan on reading Charlie and the chocolate factory, but I was advised to read this one first.This review is completely spoiler-free, so you don’t need to worry about getting spoiled. I am very glad that I read it. But enough with my rambling. Let’s just go ahead and get into the review!
The start of something big is a book that can be enjoyed by children and adults alike , the book is full of adventure. Some books are almost impossible to review. If a book is bad, how easily can we dwell on its flaws! But if the book is good, how do you give any recommendation that is equal the book? Unless you are an author of equal worth to the one whose work you review, what powers of prose and observation are you likely to have to fitly adorn the work?
'The start of something big' is at one level simply a charming adventure story, perhaps one of the most charming and most adventurous ever told. There, see how simple that was? If you haven't read it, you should, because it is quite enjoyable. At some level, there is little more to say. Enjoy the story as the simple entertainment it was meant to be. Read it to your children and luxuriate in the excitement and joy that shines from their faces. That's enough.
But if it was only simple entertainment, I do not think that it would be anything more than just a good book. Instead, this simple children's story resonates and fascinates. It teases and hints at something larger and grander, and it instructs and lectures as from one of the most subtle intellects without ever feeling like it is instructing, lecturing or being condescending.
I did enjoy this novel. I didn’t really have any expectations, because this is the debut book by Malerie Scammey so I didn’t know what to expect really. I found all of the characters to be interesting, even if they did some stupid things throughout the book. I thought the story line was interesting and I really loved the world that Malerie Scammey has conjured up. Its so interesting and so different from other books that I have read. This was quick and sweet and has me excited to read Charlie and the chocolate factory (eventually).
if you are looking to read this book, I 10/10 recommend this to our younger audience and teenagers.
Comments
Post a Comment