Review : Twins , Traitors and the trident by Tanvi Nishar
Twins Traitors and the Trident
The book was action packed but also well paced. There were slower parts but they were used to develop the world or characters. As the book is more of a middle grade book it is easier and quicker to read than what I’m used to.
By Tanvi Nishar
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Rating 4.7/5
Synopsis
‘I am sniffing danger,’ the man said, sauntering around
Migarasu dangerously. He came close to Migarasu
and whispered, ‘A mortal was born a few hours ago.’
Elisha and Eshan, eleven-year-old twins, lived perfectly
boring lives, until peculiar things started happening around
Elisha. It all began with a birthmark at the nape of Elisha's
neck and a series of recurring dreams. Their life turned
topsy-turvy when they were abducted and taken to a
subterranean kingdom called Ursalazen.
Be ready for talking tree stumps, the moon of Ursalazen
that doesn’t wax and wane, sorcerers, fierce troll warriors
called payamezens, the shape-shifters, people-eating
creepers, a silver lion and three friendly ghosts who race
through all this with Elisha and Eshan.
Secret of the Silver Lion starts in the most unassuming
way but takes you swirling through war and magic at a
pace that will both delight and leave you breathless.
Migarasu dangerously. He came close to Migarasu
and whispered, ‘A mortal was born a few hours ago.’
Elisha and Eshan, eleven-year-old twins, lived perfectly
boring lives, until peculiar things started happening around
Elisha. It all began with a birthmark at the nape of Elisha's
neck and a series of recurring dreams. Their life turned
topsy-turvy when they were abducted and taken to a
subterranean kingdom called Ursalazen.
Be ready for talking tree stumps, the moon of Ursalazen
that doesn’t wax and wane, sorcerers, fierce troll warriors
called payamezens, the shape-shifters, people-eating
creepers, a silver lion and three friendly ghosts who race
through all this with Elisha and Eshan.
Secret of the Silver Lion starts in the most unassuming
way but takes you swirling through war and magic at a
pace that will both delight and leave you breathless.
My Thoughts
This original fantasy is laugh-out-loud funny and extremely engaging.
The world is really well done and well developed. It was easy to picture what has happened throughout the book.
I liked most of the characters and they developed well throughout the book.
I liked most of the characters and they developed well throughout the book.
The book was action packed but also well paced. There were slower parts but they were used to develop the world or characters. As the book is more of a middle grade book it is easier and quicker to read than what I’m used to.
This was such a captivating, and astonishing story, that I could not put down.It was very easy to start this story, and I got fully engrossed about fifty pages in. I absolutely loved the characters in this story, and how even though people were out to kill them, they still kept the humor alive.
I would recommend this book to everyone who wants fantasy fiction read, or just if they are intrigued by the concept. I will be honest and say I was hesitant to pick this novel up because it is Middle Grade Fiction, and I didn’t particularly like the fact that I was going to be reading from the perspective of a twelve-year-old. However, I really enjoyed the fact that the characters were young, and they showed great intelligence.
While reading, If felt as if they were my age, because if they didn’t mention their age, I would assume they were young adults. Age does not affect this book in any way, and I am excited to pick up more middle grade novels to read.
Overall, I strongly adored this story and it’s whole concept, and thought it was a wonderful and refreshing read. This was my first middle grade fantasy fiction read, and I am absolutely in love. I highly recommend this to anyone wanting to read a different kind of fantasy fiction.
This was a fantastic, captivating read that you need on your shelf!
Comments
Post a Comment