Review : Vanity: Murder in the Name of Sin by Rhiannon Garrard

Vanity: Murder in the Name of Sin

By Rhiannon Garrard

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Rating 4.7/5

Synopsis

Mitokoa, an idyllic, proud little town. Beautiful. Picturesque. Nothing special about it...until a gruesome murder happens in broad daylight in a busy cafe. When Detective Katelyn Rush is sent in to oversee the investigation, she knows nothing about Mitokoa-only its reputation. When she arrives, she soon finds more out of place than a murder. Something else has hit this town, something more horrendous than a killer. Worse still, it doesn't seem to have left. From the second she arrives, time is ticking-to uncover the murderer, the source of the madness, and the connection between them-before she is swallowed up in the insanity as Mitokoa's next victim.

My thoughts

The plot of Vanity : Murder in the name of sin gripped me and gripped me hard. Pieces felt connected but I couldn’t figure out why. AND THEN the character I suspected was the murderer ended up... and I didn’t know what was happening any more. Rhiannon Garrard's writing is so wonderful and easy to love. I want to say it’s fun, but… considering this book is about dead human bodies and also murder, maybe fun isn’t the right word.

Okay it’s fun.

It’s pretty obvious that the characters really made this book for me! I’m deliberately not saying TOO much about the plot because it unfolds as it needs to in order to string you along. The pace is barely noticable, like the mystery is taking you by the hand and pulling you along, which was perfect. I was intrigued, amused, and thrilled with my heart pounding towards the end!

Overall this is a beautiful, enticing read and I’m incredibly excited about whatever comes next by Rhiannon Garrard. I’m absolutely on board for banter, intrigue. She’s not afraid to grab something and shake it about until she understands it. She also isn’t afraid to just shake things up. Which is why I adore her and can’t wait for more.

Another interesting aspect of writing is the world-building. the book walks the perfect line between Horror fiction and fantasy never really falling too much into either and letting us use our imagination more to colour this universe as we seem fit.

Revealing any of the book’s plot will take away from the surprises the book has to offer, that's why without spoiling I'm leaving everything on you read and find out yourself about how amazing this book is.

Kudos to the author for writing this masterpiece.

Highly Recommended!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni

Revenge Seeker by Vk Tritschler