Pound On!! From the Glass Slipper to the Glass Ceiling by Robin Rothenberg

Pound On!! From the Glass Slipper to the Glass Ceiling 

by Robin Rothenberg

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Rating 4.6/5

Synopsis

From the Glass Slipper to the Glass Ceiling is a collection of positive stories of trailblazing Alpha Women, chronicling their careers as they trade the glass slipper for the glass ceiling to pound on and grab for the brass ring. Women who trailblaze and drive change, lead with force and determination, and change the course for others coming up behind us are all Alphas.  Leaders of the pack. Throughout my life and career, I've been privileged to know many other Alphas.  Strong, determined, confident women with integrity and empathy who have survived and thrived while building attainable careers.  Courageous, capable leaders, they generously share their learnings and teach us all how to be our best selves both personally and professionally.

This book contains timelines of women's rights in the U.S. and Canada, a definition of an Alpha Woman, the Stories themselves, Common Themes, Concepts, the Rotenberg Axis of Alpha Phases, Interview Questions for Alphas and a set of Alpha Rules.  The work is meant to inspire, motivate and educate the next generation of Alpha Women as they climb the walls to the glass ceiling and Pound On!!  to take a seat at the table for once and for all.  The thesis recognizes the MeToo and TimesUp Movements, but pushes through to encourage women to never give up as we follow our dreams. 

My Thoughts

Pound On! By Robin Rothenberg

I highly recommend this book. As a single mom near the bottom of the socioeconomic ladder, the negative reviews would have led me to believe 'pound On' wasn't for me and that only an elite few could relate. To the contrary, I found that Robin Rothenberg lends a clear, relevant, necessary voice to issues of leadership and equality for women and men by including different real life stories of leading ladies.

The issues she raises are important. The inequality, far reaching. Rotenberg makes excellent points on this being an issue of equality for both sexes. I have a son in college - I want his options wide open.

Several years ago I had to start from scratch, to put my public university master's to work waiting tables and then claw to get back into a professional position. Somewhere in there, I chose to lose my voice. I became afraid. I need this job. But what would I do if I wasn't afraid? It's an excellent question.

My choices have been different from Rotenberg's yet stories in the book still resonated with me. I look forward to participating and taking a seat at the table.

Pound On! is a call for leadership, an invitation to participate in creating a society that values women, mothers, men, fathers, and in which women value and support each other and ourselves. Bravo, Ms. Rotenberg, and thank you.

I'm ready to pound On to the glass ceiling!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni

Lost Daughters of Avalon (Awakenings) by J. Lynn Else