Steel & Stone: The War of the North Saga Book One By Kate Haley

Steel & Stone: The War of the North Saga Book One 

By Kate Haley

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Rating 4.4/5

Synopsis

Ten years. Thousands dead. No memories.

The amnesia was supposed to be a good thing. Other soldiers bask in its freedom. Except for Elvac it doesn’t feel right. When he returns from his first year at war he can’t shake the niggling sensation that something is missing. His life has been turned upside down, yet he can’t remember being gone. The only proof of his time away are the scars, and the haunting dreams of fire.
With the help of his friends, Elvac begins to regain his lost memories, and with them uncover the truth of his missing year, and what the Church of Sunne is really doing with their War of the North...

My Thoughts
Reading has never been my go to hobby, and science fiction has always came on as a bit too complex for my liking. Yet as I grow older nothing locks my mind in more than a great read. It expands my vocabulary as well as shapes the perspective that I use while while watching my favorite shows. Reading books has given me a new sense of moods and timing while watching my favorite shows, and even new shows i discover. Yes, reading has taken my ability to follow a story line to wonderful heights, but know book has given me a closer look on basis of perspective and scale than Steel and Stone by Kate Haley.

Never have I read a book that was so expounded in its scale, it is almost overwhelming when you first start to read it, but as you read along the curtain starts to rise. The insidiousness that the story moves with makes it quite a difficult novel to set down. Everything you know about fear and the world around you becomes unraveled in this tale.

Now, I don’t want to hype you up or anything, and I’m most certainly not the expert on books, but this has to be the best novel I’ve ever read. Steel and Stone is a complex story with everything you need: mystery, suspense, excitement, creativity, scale, and of course fear. It is a story of how big your life is, to you, because the more you read, the smaller your life seems in perspective to the rest of the universe. I’m quite impressed with this incredible, and I can’t wait to read the book two.

A must read for sure!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Lost Daughters of Avalon (Awakenings) by J. Lynn Else

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni