Four Seasons at Angelino’s by Caroline McBride

Four Seasons at Angelino’s 

by Caroline McBride

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.4/5

Synopsis
Culinary chaos and toxic liaisons can’t stop Charlotte’s fearless quest to find love before it’s too late.

Charlotte’s vow to replace her devious boyfriend with Mr. Right should be easy for the ambitious restaurant publicist with access to men all over the world. But stir in nefarious colleagues, work romances, and a frenemy, with escapades around the globe, and you’ll get a recipe for disaster.

During a downward spiral of calamities in Japan, India, France, Russia, and stateside, the hopeful romantic believes she’ll finally savor the sweet taste of victory—and perhaps Wyatt, the elusive teetotaler environmentalist who always rises to the top like a perfect soufflé, is the man to put out her fires and set the butterflies in her stomach free. Yet something is holding him back as he keeps Charlotte in the friendship zone. Will she mature in time to uncover his secrets, or leave him behind as she falls for a new man every season?

Four Seasons at Angelino’s is a modern relationship story about women’s empowerment, timing, communication, prioritizing, undeniable chemistry, and all the other ingredients that comprise a delicious dish called love.

My Thoughts
Four Seasons at Angelino's represents my first foray into the world of contemporary romance. And I’m afraid you’ll have to forgive me ,well, you don’t have to forgive me, but it would be nice. And, oh thank God, it was. And, oh thank God, I really needed it.

Also, I don’t know if it’s just a different set of expectations between contemporaries and historicals but I felt like I could genuinely relate to the characters in Four Seasons at Angelino's. I hesitate to use the word ‘plausible’ in this context because fiction is fiction and its role is not necessarily solely to represent reality as it applies to us. But I think there’s extent to which ‘history’ is as much an imagined place as any fantasy kingdom, so it gives the author liberty to create bold, larger-than-life characters. 

For me, this ended up being a strength: a strength because I really liked the experience of feeling part of a familiar world. 

A fabulously written book with plenty of heart and soul, low on the drama and high on the humourhumour with bigger than life characters 'Four Seasons at Angelino's' is a book that all romance lovers should have on their 'I need to read' shelves. 

Believe me you can't stop reading it. Absolutely, irresistibly hilarious.

Highly Recommended! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni

Lost Daughters of Avalon (Awakenings) by J. Lynn Else