Stubs, the Stubborn Christmas Tree - Volume 1 by Joy Mitchell

Stubs, the Stubborn Christmas Tree - Volume 1 

by Joy Mitchell

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Rating 4.4/5

Synopsis

Who knew the best friend you will ever have would be a tree?

Meet Stubs – a talking, walking Christmas tree – and his family.

He is fun, lovable, kind, mischievous, super stubborn and fiercely protective of his family. He loves cookies and tricks, gets bored easily and gets in all kinds of trouble in the human as well as the heavenly world.

Stubs absolutely refuses to be just an ‘ornament’ for Christmas, and as the Tannenbaum family – Mum (Amelia), Sadie, Tim and Tom – bring him home to their house, he is horrified and plays all sorts of tricks on them until he realises they are able to talk to him. Stubs becomes part of the family and the best friend they can ever imagine.

Together they have many funny, heart-warming, out-of-this-world and heavenly adventures.

My Thoughts

This was just so sweet and amazing. Love this book more than any book that I have read till date. I wish we had Joy Mitchell when I was younger. It's a very heartwarming story and will remind one to have a giving and loving spirit. Loved this story. The tale is as delightful as its messages are. Found the messages so touching. I have gotten so much empathy toward the characters.

I probably can read this book as a kid at least as million of times and it was immensely pleasurable to share it with my kids.

You can read this every year at Christmas, and I always will do. Simply because of the atmosphere it evokes. This story is Christmas as far as I’m concerned. It wouldn’t be the same without it. It is perfectly festive and is also appropriately didactic.

A must read for sure!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Lost Daughters of Avalon (Awakenings) by J. Lynn Else

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni