A Song of Entanglement by Deena Helm

A Song of Entanglement 

by Deena Helm

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.5/5

Synopsis
How can two individuals connect when they are separated by worlds? Hala’s father disappeared when she was eight years old. Nine years later, she sets a plan in motion to die. The one thing she needs to complete first, however, is her compositional memoir. Her compositions are written from the deepest parts of her, but little does she know that they are found in another world and played, bringing the two worlds and individuals together. Through a connection that can only come once in a lifetime, time and space become nothing. As the two meet, strange things begin occurring. Most of all, however, they find where Hala’s father has been trapped this whole time. As Hala finds herself trapped between worlds, she must travel within the darkest parts of herself in order to be freed.

My Thoughts
Everything is connected to everything else! Particularly the idea that ‘opposites’ connect is of great significance in this matter. Green connects to red on the color wheeel as does yellow to purple. Yin connects to Yang as does the feminine to the masculine. Earth connects to water as an adjacent element and water connects to fire in a similar way. It is said that the Dragon connects everything in its curvature modality, the head ‘eating ‘ it own tail so to speak. Who can deny that birth connects to death, and vice versa? 

A Song of Entanglement by Deena Helm is an amazing example of a great coming of age novel flushed with all sort of humanly emotions , feelings and an amazing story of loving relationship between a father and a daughter.

Deena Helm writing is easy to follow. Sometimes I didn’t understand words or phrases but they were slang and obviously something that was relevant to the time period, but I just don’t know what they mean. But I could continue on easily without being completely confused! I loved how Helm made it read exactly like a young girl had written it! It was very well done.

Well I loved the plot and I don’t wanna go into much detailed as I’m pretty sure most people know what this book is about… So this a coming of age novel with different worlds and I thoroughly enjoyed the plot! It was very well done! It was funny, it was sad, it was intriguing, it was honest and I loved it.

Overall, A song of Entanglement was an astounding read. I will definitely read it again in the future, and I know that I’ll realize even more incredible connections and themes a second time around.

Highly Recommended!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni

Revenge Seeker by Vk Tritschler