Extra Ordinary by Sailee Tiwari
Extra Ordinary
by Sailee Tiwari
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.4/5
Synopsis
Each drop of water in a river, star in a galaxy, a leaf in a tree, a cell in a body holds importance. In the same way, the book highlights the stories of twelve ordinary people with a tinge of an ‘out of ordinary’ or ‘unusual’ in their lives. A thought can change perspective, affect decisions and determine the outcome of every situation. The book emphasizes vivid thoughts, feelings, and life experiences with which a reader can relate, and which instigate many questions in mind.
My Thoughts
Extra Ordinary is an enchanting compilation with stylistically playful use of language.
I've been writing reviews over the years now and have written many reviews, which no doubt would reflect my aging process. I rarely feel compelled to write a review, but this collection of stories is, well I don't really have the words.
I've had it a week now and read them all in 2 days, while reading extra Ordinary , I got to the stage I wanted to savour each story and for the collection not to end, so I slowed down the rate I was reading them. They are really nothing like anything I'd read before, and I've read very widely, especially short stories. They are unusual, although not as unusual as many novels.
The language and imagery are incredible and not of a style that I'd found before in native English stories. How much of that is down to the translation, I don't know. There are elements that remind me of Charles Dickens, and a sense of patience at times that is like Chetan Bhagat. So perhaps if you like those writers, you might like this. The stories are full of acute insights into human character and those moments when you go, "Oh, I feel that."
I wish I was better at reviews, but I'm just an enthusiast - to the extent I now have a framed pictures in my house. I'd never heard of Sailee until now.
I loved it.
Highly Recommended!
Comments
Post a Comment