Language Implants by Paul Brackley

Language Implants 

by Paul Brackley

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.5/5

Synopsis
Jerome thought it was going to be an easy out-patient operation to implant the French Language chip in his brain so that he could master the French Language immediately. He didn't realize it would lead to a £100 million investment scam involving cryptocurrencies, dealings with a Russian Oligarch and his violent henchmen, and meeting the girl of his dreams. Would he survive it all?

My Thoughts
Everything has meaning. Every small detail, every chance remark, every random element. The only clues that are not clues are the most obvious ones. As we reach the denouement, more and more mysteries are resolved, so the story is not just about ‘Investment scam’, but also about how and who behind all those events that are happening in Jerome's life.

Cover Art:
There are two different covers for this book as it has been out for over 6 months! I do really like the one I own, however I feel like there should be more details around considering. But overall I really like this cover! 

Writing:
Paul Brackley’s writing is amazing and I cannot fault it. I really like how mysterious everything is kept right until the end! I do kinda wish that there was a glossary of sorts for translation of some of the words used in the book as even though they were specifically necessary to know the meaning of, I was curious and kept googling things to find out what they meant. That is the only thing I wish this book had, but it’s not necessary because my word power became even more powerful.

Characters
I feel like these books aren’t books that you can really form an opinion of the characters, as besides Jerome himself you only find out pure facts about the characters and can’t really form a personal opinion on that. So I won’t say much about them, however I really enjoy Jerome and I really wish that I could figure things out like he does! 

Overall:
I really enjoyed this book! I love reading mysteries even though I don’t read them as much as I do Fantasy. I really want to read more though!

A must read for sure!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni

Revenge Seeker by Vk Tritschler