Signal Lost by Liv J. Curtis
Signal Lost
by Liv J. Curtis
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.5/5
Synopsis
After the Earth was nearly destroyed by global war, those who survived came together to create a utopia known as The Frame. Built for the purpose to preserve mankind, The Frame quickly turned from utopia to unhinged. Among those living inside, Sage Blackwell and her two best friends, River and Emery, share a secret. Together, with the help of their families, they manage to hide their truth from a controlling and oppressive government. Without warning or explanation, Sage’s older sister Eliza is taken hostage by government agents; Afraid of what might happen next Sage and her friends make a decision that will forever change their lives.
My Thoughts
I was recommended to read this book, by my cousin, as I enjoy dystopian novels. Signal Lost revolves around the idea of Saving humanity by creating The Frame i.e a Utopia in order to preserve mankind , after the Earth was nearly destroyed by global war. I think this book is really interesting as it explores the dangers of war and what it can do to a whole world. Additionally, Signal Lost explores the idea of just how far humans can go for their survival.
It is true that this book is an amazing read and I must confess that some parts are really took me over; however, the novel's meaning has left a deep impression on me. It's certainly a book I won't forget, and I would recommend it to readers aged fourteen and over as the ideas presented are interesting, and Curtis writes in a very easy going manner and it's story will take you on a unique journey.
I found Sage by far the most interesting and compelling character within the story because she is the only one to really look beyond the boundaries of his own experience and to find it wanting.
So this is a terribly important novel and I can’t believe I have only just read it. If you haven’t read it already, you know what you have to do. This isn’t something to be missed. It’s a novel that made me think and imagine in a way a book hasn’t done in quite some time.
Overall, Signal Lost is a scary depiction of what could soon be our future. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this well written and thought provoking novel.
Highly Recommended!
Comments
Post a Comment