Split Ends by Brynmore Wilkins

Split Ends 

by Brynmore Wilkins

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.5/5

Synopsis
What happens behind the scenes of a busy London hair salon, is going to make your hair curl! Divas and directors, bullies and bitches, sex pests and carnal one-night stands.

Armed only with his talent – and a pair of sharp scissors, young Stevie Deadwood has made his way from the suburbs to the big city. And now he dreams of opening his own salon. But things rarely ever go as planned.

Split Ends is a glimpse into the secret world of hairdressing through the eyes of a busy hairdresser.

My Thoughts

I felt like the only person left who hadn’t read Split Ends, but I finally read this absorbing little book in almost 3 sittings. I was instantly drawn in by Brynmore's writing style. It was odd and different, almost like I was reading a novel from the 1950s, but with laptops and social media. Split Ends is the kind of book I think of as a “book club” book. A book with layers of real life experiences and characters that you want to dissect and discuss with others. (Now if only I had a book club.) 

This book is a very interesting glimpse into the life of hairdressers and salon owners from a hairdressers point of view. The book’s success lies in the simplicity of its message. 
This is a deeply inspiring work of fiction, Brynmore Wilkins, shares her life experience in a book on the bitter truth behind busy London hair saloon with a single purpose: to encourage and tell the truth and get in touch with the most powerful and successful part of yourself.

If you’re looking for a light beach-read type of book with a romantic love story, this is not it. But if you’re looking for a quick read that will consume you and devastate you (in a good way), Split Ends is the right choice.

Highly Recommended!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni

Revenge Seeker by Vk Tritschler