A Brief Future of the Human Race by Barry Gj Quinn

A Brief Future of the Human Race 

by Barry Gj Quinn

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
4.5/5

Synopsis
27 standalone science-fiction short-stories that carry interwoven narratives.Meet the Kims. Some are astronauts, others are descendants that are thrust through space. Earth nears its ruin but humanity seeks to survive.Dealing with themes such as identity, sexuality, gender, mental health, legacy and loss, A Brief Future of the Human Race explores, fundamentally, what it means to be human.

My Thoughts
A Brief Future of the Human Race by Barry Gj Quinn is a collection of amazing short stories on science fiction on the topic of identity, sexuality, gender, mental health, legacy and loss, A Brief Future of the Human Race explores, fundamentally, what it means to be human. Stories ranging from true short story length through novel and these brief escapes into improbable worlds have it all: suspense, betrayal, mystery, humanly emotions, twists.

After reading the first story of A Brief Future of the Human Race  I knew that I'd look forward to devouring anything else he wrote. His writing is lively without feeling over-workedI really really enjoyed reading this. The characters and their quite special situation (the sci-fi aspect of the story) were very well thought out and the author managed to make their story feel very real and compelling. Definitely worth a reading. It’s a small collection, but each of the stories pack a punch , I must say this book would make for a great short-run series. A Brief Future of the Human Race got everything you could ask for in a debut novel―a fresh look at science fiction’s most cherished memes, ruthlessly shredded and lovingly reassembled.

Overall what a fabulous little collection of gems! I stumbled upon the authors work "A Brief Future of the Human Race " a couple of weeks ago and was charmed by his writing style and endearing characters. So much so in fact, that I often would think of passages from that book month later, or remember quips from the snappy dialogue. I read on average 4-5 books per week. For one to stay with me so long is really unusual. I'm happy to report that each story in this collection maintains that same impact. All are wildly different in content, but hold an otherworldly charm that pulls you in close and leaves you hungering for more. Barry Gj Quinn is an exciting voice in fiction and I, for one, can't wait to devour his next offering.

Highly Recommended!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni

Lost Daughters of Avalon (Awakenings) by J. Lynn Else