Almost Damned by Christopher Leibig

Almost Damned 

by Christopher Leibig

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.3/5

Synopsis
An unconventional, absorbing legal thriller with elements of fantasy and the supernatural." -Kirkus Reviews

Defense attorney Samson Young has an uncanny ability to get even the so-called worst clients off the hook, as he ably demonstrated in Almost Mortal. In Almost Damned, little does Sam know that his most challenging cases are all leading up to one monumental trial, in which he will lay before the Court the visceral complexities of good vs. evil.

As Sam navigates his cases in Bennet County, it becomes increasingly apparent that his clients-old and new-are surprisingly interconnected, especially when old clients rise from the dead. Literally. He and his office are besieged by death threats and mysterious invitations, each one a clue that compels him to dig deeper into his own past. With each new discovery, Sam leads himself and his team deeper into a nether world in an attempt to bring redemption to his toughest clients of all-the descendants of the biblical Fallen Angels who have been walking the earth as humans for centuries, unable to find peace.

My Thoughts
Almost Damned by Christopher Leibig I could not put the novel down. Each character had their own individual traits that Christopher Leibig caught perfectly. Outstanding - an intriguing premise, a tense, gripping build-up, and a spectacular climax. This guy is the real deal. Trust me , There are too many other characters to try and name them all, and I have chosen to only focus on the three protagonists’ for the sake of clarity. All of the characters are unique and different, and all bring something exciting to the novel. Just when you think events are going to go one way, a curveball is thrown that completely changes the direction of the novel. There are so many twists and turns at the end! I was truly shocked by the ending of the book, and I was really satisfied with how things were tied together.

Overall, I highly recommend this novel to those of you who enjoy reading crime, particularly those who enjoy legal thrillers. It’s a fast-paced, high-energy novel, with a really unique premise. This book is one-of-a-kind and original, and that’s probably what I loved the most about it. I was truly hooked whilst reading, and I physically couldn’t put it down, devouring it in just a couple of sittings! My only criticism is that I felt it was a little bit slow at the beginning, but that’s only if I’m being really picky. A fantastic read!

A knockout legal thriller with a doozy of a twist.
Highly Recommended!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Lost Daughters of Avalon (Awakenings) by J. Lynn Else

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni