Instinct by James Carter
Instinct
by James Carter
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.4/5
Synopsis
After a tornado rips through the southeast of England, Leo must journey to another world in search of his brother who is amongst those who have disappeared.
This search takes him to Libero, a world that was created by four people with the ability to control the elements as a place for people to find true freedom. But even freedom comes at a price. For in this world, the animal instinct that lives within you will develop the longer you are there, and so it is a race against time for Leo and his friends to rescue his brother and return home before it is too late, before they become part of the instinctive.
If you choose to come, know your life will never be the same,
You leave behind your old self, all that will remain is your name.
You will learn what you were born to be,
Who you truly are, beneath what the eye can see.
Come for the people, Leo, come for your brother,
Leave behind what you think you know, Leo, expect a place like no other.
For in Libero, Leo, you will find everything you think you lack,
So be warned, for when you find Libero, Leo, you may not come back.
Michael Rowley (editor of The Martian, The Bear and The Nightingale: Winternight Series, and After Earth) compared Instinct to The Lord of The Flies, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, Peter Pan, and The Island of Doctor Moreau.
My Thoughts
Hey guys:)
Yesterday I finished instinct so I decided that this sunday id do a spoiler free review on it.
One of my favourite parts of this book is writing, It made me want to read and finished the book as fast as I could. The writing never felt dragged out or slow which made reading it enjoyable.And it was very fast-paced and full of adventure, excitement and definitely full of emotions.
I loved the plot in this book. It kind of reminded me of many classics of fantasy novels. It was full of adventure and excitement. It has fantastic world-building, complex characters, gripping action, its frequently surprising, and it doesn’t shy from twist and turns. This book is full of hard choices and actions that can’t be taken back.The story was gripping and full of emotions which I loved. The best kind of story is the one that makes you feel emotionally connected and if someone dies for example you feel upset and it hits you and makes you feel some way. This book was definitely one of those books.
I must say when discussing favorite genres, my first answer has never been fantasy. While I do enjoy fantasy, it has never been able to knock historical fiction of its throne. For me, immersing myself in a fantasy world is difficult, but not with this novel. From the beginning to the end, I couldn’t put the book down. With this captivating and wonderful world he’s created, James Carter had me along for the ride.
Overall this book was amazing and gripping. It has amazing characters and an awesome world that I would never want to live in. I actually loved the chemistry between the characters.
I give this book a 10/10 and I can’t wait to read more by James Carter Also I highly recommend this to everyone.
Comments
Post a Comment