Skin by Ally Wagner

Skin 

by Ally Wagner

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.5/5

Synopsis
Shapeshifters were wiped out two hundred years ago by their fellow preternatural beings. To prevent herself from reaching the same demise as her ancestors, Keira Quinn pretends to be a werewolf.That is until she barely survives a brutal ambush. With a thirst for blood and a short temper, she molds herself into a ruthless assassin. Nothing will stop her from getting revenge. She’ll hunt down the ones who attacked her and kill them one by one. After all, what better way to assassinate someone than to impersonate the one they trust most?

My Thoughts
When it comes to shapehifter and werewolf books I’m very specific in my likes and dislikes. Mostly, I feel that the whole Alpha male, weak heroine, pack problems etc. has been so many times that honestly, it’s gotten old for me. And that’s why I love the way Ally Wagner is changing things up. The heroine, Keira Quinn , is by no means weak. So , what else can I say? Except that I couldn't put this book down! All the characters are amazing and bring their own little piece to the plot. The sense of loyalty and family rings true to any shifter story but it is totally different and all felt so real. It was also very very freshing to see a strong female Keira Quinn. The whole alpha male, weak mate storyline has been done countless times before. 

I also loved that it wasn't an insta love story and that both of the main characters complemented each other so perfectly. I laughed, I blushed, I felt every motion and I love when a book is able to do that. If I could give more than five stars I would. I looked at some reviews before buying and I seen a few that had mentioned violent scenes and spicy sex scenes, but honestly it's more than that. In this shifter world an alpha female fights for dominance and survival. There wasn't a single moment that felt uncomfortable, I can't wait to see what is in store for the rest of the pack!

I couldn’t put the book down and was irritated I had to take a break to sleep. Loved the banter, corny one liner. Each character is well thought of and it wasn’t difficult keeping a track of any. A true sign of a well thought story.

It was an exciting read, and there was not one moment where I skipped ahead or my attention was lost. 
Highly Recommended!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni

Lost Daughters of Avalon (Awakenings) by J. Lynn Else