The Grieving Heart: A Collection of Poetry and Prose by Deb Rosman
The Grieving Heart: A Collection of Poetry and Prose
by Deb Rosman
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.5/5
Synopsis
Gloriously positive and intimate! Deb Rosman's The Grieving Heart celebrates the good in grieving. Loaded with gems. This exquisite treasure finds a favorite for everyone.Priscilla Doremus, Houston, TXAuthor (www.priscilladoremus.com)Incredibly inspiring to read touching my heart strings and expressing emotions I have never been able to put into words. I find reading this comforting and assuring me that we are not alone in this journey. This is a must read and share as you will want to spread the warmth.Donna Manring, Madison, WIOwner, Manring Consulting & TrainingDeb Rosman's The Grieving Heart puts a smile on your face when you don't feel like smiling. These poems and stories make you feel less alone through difficult times. What an uplifting read.Sarah C. Cooper, Westerly, RIInnkeeper/ArtistBeautifully and warmly written, Deb Rosman poetically articulates profound personal experiences. Relatable in every way. The Grieving Heart is poetry prose that massages the soul.Adiel Eshkenaz New York, NYFilm Director, Producer
My Thoughts
Today was the day I actually opened it and started reading. I didn't put it down until I had read it all the way through. I think the last time I experienced such a whirlwind of emotion in such a short period of time was when I first watched the Carl and Ellie sequence in Up. Reading this book literally took my breath away. I'm still trying to catch my breath as I write this. I didn't know poetry could do that. Some other details that I just absolutely adored: it makes sense when read cover to cover. The cover feels nice and smooth in the hand. The Grieving Heart: A Collection of Poetry and Prose is a collection of short poetry and prose, biopsied with tears and red wine. It dives into themes of love, loss, a connection to life, and never forgetting what it means to be alive. It takes you on a journey to find a new outlook.
This is a bit of a different vibe from other poetry collections. It takes you into a deeper dive in between the crevices of her poetry. There is a timeline and chronology of events. There is a narrative to how her pieces came to be, and it is wonderful, eye opening, and most of all, relatable. Her wordplay is intricate as it is simple, a great balance of the two artistic moods. This poetry collection forces you to grapple on its symmetry to your own experience, be it in the past or now without drowning you with big words for the sake of aesthetics.
And that is how Deb Rosman does it.
And that is why you shouldn’t skip this read..
Her book of poetry has great depth of emotion. Her poetry is fabulous, so relatable, so precise, so human, a must read. The grieving, the loss, the letting go ; then to heal from the heartaches of living in this brief space of time we have. Truly touching words, I loved every page, I look forward to another book from her.
Highly Recommended!
Comments
Post a Comment