The Ones Who Misbehave by Hanna Lee

The Ones Who Misbehave 

by Hanna Lee

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.3/5

Synopsis
Ever felt like you're about to explode but you don't know why? Like they say, sometimes we have to lose ourselves to find the true self. Follow this tale through the eyes of a woman of color (Vanessa aka Van) who is brimming with frustration and sent to a wellness center to recover. You’ll find out why certain emotions are brewing from this refreshing perspective told by a minority within the minority experience—void of the traditional stuffy-old stereotypes Asians are often reduced to. As Van listens to the experiences of her newfound friends, something within her is released. On this path, the protagonist gains insight into an unknown community and also herself. If you're simply human, you will be able to identify with this contemporary true-to-life fiction story. This will be a book you'll want to gift to friends and fellow human-rights advocates.

My Thoughts
I think those who live a very intentional life know themselves very well. Without knowing yourself, you can’t make unwavering decisions in your best interest; you are always just taking the best guess. I have seen this in myself when it comes to deciding who I would be friends with, who I date, where I work, and how I spend my free time. The lack of uwavering self would also show up in how I would interact with other people, what standards I had for myself and others, and what I chose to speak up about. As I let the wave take me, I realized that sometimes you have to lose yourself to find yourself. And when you lose yourself, you realize you never has a good grasp on who you were to begin with.

The Ones Who Misbehave by Hanna Lee elegantly examines how repressed desire and simmering silence can upend even a strong human being. This is an amazing journey through which Van gains insight into an unknown community and also herself , Vanessa's identity come into question, and the chase curveballs into a captivating journey of self-realization. Vanessa pierces the human psyche to reveal the deep truths – and an ending that will leave readers speechless. A masterful tale driven by Hanna Lee pacing and evocative writing and details that pulse with truth....an adventurous and emotionally engaging story, which ultimately unlocks the transformative power of listening and honesty for recovery and self-realization from tribulations of the past.

It has been a while since I've read a book which such a succinct story told with such a luxurious use of language. Sentimental yet evoking the feeling of self reflection like looking at a beautiful piece of art. This was a uncomplicated tale that somehow covers the myriad complications of an Asian American woman's mind and heart. An absolute pleasure to read.

Highly Recommended!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Lost Daughters of Avalon (Awakenings) by J. Lynn Else

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni