Gift of the Mancynn (The Ragnarök Chronicles: 2016 Book 1) by Dominic Hodgson
Gift of the Mancynn (The Ragnarök Chronicles: 2016 Book 1)
by Dominic Hodgson
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.3/5
Synopsis
Beyond the scope of Earthly perception ancient forces have been waiting, prowling out in the further reaches of the multiverse. Now however the time has come for plans put in place from the dawn of human history to be set in motion. Philip Quint has always been different, able to do and know things beyond immediate explanation, all the while unquestioning of these abilities. For the present all he has to concern himself with are the upcoming summer holidays, that and the disappearance of his best friend, plus the mysterious individuals approaching him in the hope of gaining his allegiance. On the one hand there's Lord Gryal Repa, seemingly the embodiment of Death, along with his Council of the Brethren, who originally made this boy so extraordinary, made him a Mancynn. On the other there's the man dressed all in black, renegade former-devotee of the Brethren Lords who promises to reveal Gryal's true intentions. Then in turn, in this grander conflict spanning dimensions, who can say that there aren't other foes operating even deeper within the shadows? As Philip and his friends are thus swept up in a mission taking them across and beyond this world, uncovering conspiracies and secrets hidden at every turn, with even Time itself differing from belief, the latest in a line of Mancynns must soon decide if he should fight back against what he's told is his destiny, if he can at all...
My Thoughts
Gift of the Mancynn (The Ragnarök Chronicles: 2016 Book 1) by Dominic Hodgson an amazing piece of science fiction and fantasy I must say and before recommending this wonderful book to everyone , I have to be honest about something. That something is that I love science fiction and fantasy books which includes horror. Actually, I'm quite obsessed with them. Some call me crazy and when it comes to a good piece of literature , of course I'm crazy. That's how I ended up with this book. My first impression of Dominic Hodgson. It was! easy to understand and It had a nice pace and amazing character set-up. The plot was fun to follow and things connected and I understood it!
Did it make me want to keep reading?
Sometimes, there are those truly exceptional books that are glued to your hands. Sometimes, they're fine books, but you just can't seem to want to pick them up again. Sometimes, they're in the middle. At the beginning, it was that somewhere in the middle, but once I began to get interested in the lives of the characters and the little legends of those characters, I began to like it more and more, wanting to pick it up. However, I really enjoyed it.
How did I feel by the end of the book?
I felt... aaahhh... It was indescribable. I was amazed and wondering things and sort of wanted more. I connected epilogue with prologue and suddenly it all clicked. It was great! I loved the book and all its awesome plot building and everything!
All and all , it’s been a support in the very best way that a terrific story, beautifully constructed and characterised and masterfully unfolded always is. It’s the window into another world.
Looking forward to reading more by Dominic Hodgson.
Highly Recommended!
Comments
Post a Comment