Ravenmaster: Book One in the Paranormal Defense series by Alexandra Diane

Ravenmaster: Book One in the Paranormal Defense series 

by Alexandra Diane 

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.4/5

Synopsis
Besides seeing and talking to ghosts, Maggie Evans lived a relatively quiet life in London, England. But a meeting with the phantom of Anne Boleyn at the Tower of London changes everything. Playing matchmaker, Anne encourages her long-time crush, Liam Lowe, to finally make a move. However, Maggie quickly learns of Anne's ulterior motives. The Tower's ongoing restoration has broken a protection spell unleashing a centuries-old curse. With the help of the Tower's phantoms, Maggie and Liam must stop a hell-mouth that threatens to swallow London and while fending off an army of demons who want to claim the English throne.

My Thoughts 
First book in the excellent Ravenmaster: Book One in the Paranormal Defense series. I first read few days back and I have been reading the book ever since. I recently bought this version for my kindle as its a book I can reread. It sets the scene of a world that holds more than just humans in it. As well as demons there are ghosts. Besides seeing and talking to ghosts, Maggie Evans lived a relatively quiet life in London, England. But a meeting with the phantom of Anne Boleyn at the Tower of London changes everything. So we meet a whole cast of interesting characters including Maggie along with Liam must stop a hell-mouth that threatens to swallow London and while fending off an army of demons who want to claim the English throne. In any good book the ingredients include humour and fear and conflict and reconciliation. This book has it all and I loved it.

Alexandra Diane always enchants her readers. With Ravenmaster: Book One in the Paranormal Defense series , she weaves her magic on every page to take us into a new and dazzling world of demons and ghosts. Expect to be spellbound. Alexandra Diane is a good writer and I picked this book on the strength of that alone. It's a different take on the usual ghosts/demons themes and isn't shy about talking about the nastiness of both groups which makes a nice change. I've read this twice now.

An excellent read with plenty of twists and turns. Her strong and complex characters kept me entertained from its deceptively innocent beginning to its can’t-put-it-down end.

The characters are all realistic and vibrant

Highly Recommended!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni

Revenge Seeker by Vk Tritschler