Good Lookin': A Joe Turner Mystery by T L Bequette

Good Lookin': A Joe Turner Mystery 

by T L Bequette

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.4/5

Synopsis
From the gang-ravaged streets of inner-city Oakland to the rolling hills of Berkeley, California, attorney Joe Turner defends the most hardened criminals. Confronted with an unlikely murderer in a modern-day whodunnit, Turner's latest case seems impossible to unravel. At its heart is a decade-old murder and a tangled web of family, loyalty, and devotion that has the trial hanging in the balance. Viewed through the prism of the unique bond of twins, Good Lookin' asks how far each of us will go to protect the ones we love.

My Thoughts
Good Lookin': A Joe Turner Mystery by T L Bequette is an outstanding and very well-written debut mystery thriller.The book was so gripping I genuinely found it hard to put down...a consistent mystery thriller flushed with action; my favourite sort. The tension builds towards the end and I certainly did not expect the final twist which was a thrilling conclusion. I absolutely recommend this book! I must say,  there is a very modern theme running through Good Lookin': A Joe Turner Mystery too. It's very believable and I could easily see how it was being used throughout the story. It's intense, insane, enthralling, and the chapters literally whiz by, helped massively by the fact that one chapter blends SO seamlessly into the next one that you just can't help but keep reading, until your eyes are incredibly sore because you've been starting at your Kindle screen for over 4 hours. It's INSANE. It was intense and surreal and utterly amazing, even when I put the book down, even for a toilet break, I was thinking about it and that ending just absolutely blew my tiny mind. I didn't see it coming and it was FANTASTIC. 

I can do no better than recommend Good Lookin': A Joe Turner Mystery , a brilliantly plotted crime thriller by T L Bequette, whom I have no doubt is going to be a major exponent of this genre. You will read this fast-paced page turner with mounting dismay. Exceptional, and highly recommended.

I expected an honest-to-god straightforward plotline of threats and mind games. What I did not expect was this well-crafted intriguing plot comprising of twists and turns that will not stop me from finishing it at one go.

Highly Recommended!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni

Revenge Seeker by Vk Tritschler