I See Ourselves Sitting on the Hour Hand of Time by Shuqi Gao

I See Ourselves Sitting on the Hour Hand of Time 

by Shuqi Gao

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.4/5

Synopsis
Come take a break
from drowning
with this book of poetry

The surreal nature of these poems mirrors the subconscious emotion—loneliness that is timeless, ageless, historic, and without end. It will be your compass on a journey, one you might have already experienced, one you might be on, one you might be dreading, but one that you’ll remember on a primal level, nonetheless.

Discover the inner landscape of an author from China who has, despite her struggles with bipolar depression, became a therapist and an alchemist of emotions.

The darkest moments allowed Shuqi to discover poetry as a way of rebellion and reconcile, weaving the gap between body and mind, the sediment of the soul. These haunting words, visceral and dreamlike, will push the boundaries of love, healing, and truth.

My Thoughts
I See Ourselves Sitting on the Hour Hand of Time is an amazing piece of poetic literature as l've only read the first few pages and I can tell that I will already appreciate this book.
I have never encountered this author or her work before reading this book but was not surprised to learn, after finishing the book, that she began her thoughtful poetries focusing on the subconscious. There is material on self-awareness, personal relationships, loneliness that is timeless, ageless, historic and society at large, but it all comes back to self.

Life is trauma and recovery. Not trauma as we often think of it, perhaps, but the trauma of “jealousy, anger, doubt, and low self-worth.” And the recovery “is not about managing your emotions; it is about managing your reactions to your emotions” because “our reactions tell us what our mind has internalized from our past experiences.” Through this amazing book of poetry discover the journey of an author from China who has, despite her struggles with bipolar depression, became a therapist and an alchemist of emotions. There is a big emphasis on listening and what she refers to as “boundaries of love, healing, and truth.” 

It’s a good book and a very quick read. I read it in one sitting. I admire her poetries weaving the gap between body and mind. Her perspective alone would have made a valuable contribution.

Each page is like a deep breath of fresh air. This is an essential work in my collection. Very highly recommended.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Lost Daughters of Avalon (Awakenings) by J. Lynn Else

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni