The Line Between: A Novel by Tosca Lee

The Line Between: A Novel 

by Tosca Lee

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.4/5

Synopsis
In this frighteningly believable thriller from New York Times bestselling author Tosca Lee, an extinct disease re-emerges from the melting Alaskan permafrost to cause madness in its victims. For recent apocalyptic cult escapee Wynter Roth, it’s the end she’d always been told was coming.

When Wynter Roth is turned out of New Earth, a self-contained doomsday cult on the American prairie, she emerges into a world poised on the brink of madness as a mysterious outbreak of rapid early onset dementia spreads across the nation.

As Wynter struggles to start over in a world she’s been taught to regard as evil, she finds herself face-to-face with the apocalypse she’s feared all her life—until the night her sister shows up at her doorstep with a set of medical samples. That night, Wynter learns there’s something far more sinister at play and that these samples are key to understanding the disease.

Now, as the power grid fails and the nation descends into chaos, Wynter must find a way to get the samples to a lab in Colorado. Uncertain who to trust, she takes up with former military man Chase Miller, who has his own reasons for wanting to get close to the samples in her possession, and to Wynter herself.

Filled with action, conspiracy, romance, and questions of whom—and what—to believe, The Line Between is a high-octane story of survival and love in a world on the brink of madness.

My Thoughts
The best dystopian novels aren't escapes to other worlds. Rather, they're reflections of our world—and what could happen in the future. Steeped in cultural criticism and endlessly entertaining, these tales often serve as a warning of what can happen if our worst impulses are left unchecked. The Line Between: A Novel by Tosca Lee  is an amazing dystopian tale of Wynter Roth who struggles to start over in a world she’s been taught to regard as evil, she finds herself face-to-face with the apocalypse she’s feared all her life—until the night her sister shows up at her doorstep with a set of medical samples. There were moments when I put the book down and looked up in awe. The books ends satisfies while leaving just enough room for the reader to theorize about other minute aspects of the book which were unanswered. I enjoyed this book a lot. I have a hard time putting my thoughts into words but if you're interested in dystopian thriller, you should read it.

The world-building of the community and how it operates is clearly shown to readers with more cognizance being able to point out the horrors of such a world far more early than the book states. But with so many positives with a good main character, important themes, and a nice building of the setting.  it was one of my favorite books that I have ever read. It is in my top 10 for sure. I liked that its ending. It was awesome. I would read this book over and over again if I didn't have to turn it in. I will probably buy this book and the other ones by Tosca Lee.
I won't say much more than that as I don't want to spoil it but let the above intrigue you enough to buy and read this book! It's an easy read and the story sticks with you.

I would suggest literally every person, beg even, to read this book, it’s so thought provoking, and frightening, a definite page turner, quite heavy but totally worth it.

Highly Recommended!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni

Revenge Seeker by Vk Tritschler