A rose should be red: Part 1 - Secrets by Akaku Red

A rose should be red: Part 1 - Secrets 

by Akaku Red

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.4/5

Synopsis
When love is blind, danger can hide! 

Almost overnight, Jenny’s everyday life is turned upside down. Her father dies suddenly. Her mother uproots them both and brings them to London to live. A place she hasn’t been since she was a child. For her, it’s a dark place, the few memories she has are painful. 

Her new school is a nightmare. The only silver lining to her dark cloud is Tyler Williams, the gorgeous blue-eyed boy who is close to stealing her heart. Or might be if she could bring herself to let love in.

Strange things keep happening. A boy claims to know her from childhood, but she has no memory of him. There’s no trace of her old best friend, Alice, no matter how hard she looks. And worst of all, someone is watching her. 

Old memories are resurfacing. Jenny starts to realize that she is caught in the middle of a dangerous game that stretches from her past to her present.

And now it might be too late to escape it.

The truth will set you free… if it doesn’t kill you first

My Thoughts
A rose should be red: Part 1 - Secrets by Akaku Red , I must say she is Back!!!! Almost when I started to miss her edge, she goes ahead and writes a book that hooks you in right from page one. A rose should be red is a complete roller coaster ride. This book is at par with her previous books. Every character in A rose should be red is well sketched and relatable. Jenny as our heroine is the strongest of all. Best book to read if you love thriller and suspense books. Story is so interesting and once you started reading it I bet you wont feel bore or loose interest in between. 

I am totally blown away! Speechless. I'm a real fussy reader and this is my favourite book ever!!! I am SO upset that I've finished and I'm really going to miss the characters! I feel bereft!! The characters, I adored, they had real heart, so much personality and I loved the romance of the book, the details which were dreamy and never boring.

A truly heartrending tale of a girl named Jenny , her father dies suddenly. Her mother uproots them both and brings them to London to live. Strange things keep happening. A boy whom she never met ,  claims to know her from childhood. What a very atmospheric and chilling opening to this story, which is loosely divided into parts.  I enjoyed the read very much. I always know what to expect with a Akaku Red standalone, the standard of the writing and engaging characters rarely disappoint. 

Have you ever read a book that got under your skin? I couldn’t put it down. I won’t give any spoilers but if you want a gripping read, cleverly written then this is one to try. 

Highly Recommended!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni

Lost Daughters of Avalon (Awakenings) by J. Lynn Else