Arrival of the Darkness by Jamie Jennings
Arrival of the Darkness
by Jamie Jennings
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.5/5
Synopsis
The start of a brand-new book series from new author Jamie Jennings, comes Arrival of the Darkness the first book in The Ravenwood trilogy.
With danger coming around the corner to Ravenwood Academy the whole supernatural community at Ravenwood must come together and defeat it.
Death and despair might be closer than everyone would like to believe.
My Thoughts
Arrival of the Darkness by Jamie Jennings
Imaginative, hard-bitten and full-hearted. I wish this book had existed when I was still figuring myself out. I was more interested in the dynamics, relationship between the characters and that's flushed in this book. Beautifully haunting! Too many of us don’t show our true face to the world around us. No matter who you are, fight trough to be your authentic self. This is an epic action story of love, life, and self-discovery. This is one of the very best debut novels I have ever read! This was a great book with a great cast of characters and great world building. I love the writing style, and the editing was superb; didn't notice a single spelling or gramatical error. This was an amazing fantasy lesfic. I had preordered this book a while back and kinda forgot about it (I buy/preorder a LOT of books). When I saw it had appeared in my library this morning I read it in one sitting.
What a great read. I'm always on the lookout for the best next read and did I find a gem! This is not a small book and couldn't put it down. Do I really need to accomplish anything today? Nope! Just going to my nest and reading. Sigh. What a great day. Don't pass this one up!!!
A lot happens in this book, which makes me think that this will be even better on the reread, and I’ll definitely come back to it in a few months to give it another read and it’ll probably emotionally wreck me even more than it did the first time.
Jamie Jennings created a full cast of complex characters and I went through the emotional wringer falling in and out of love with them from page to page as their actions and motivations were exposed. I honestly cannot wait to see what she writes next because her character work is everything I’ve been looking for.
The beautiful cover drew me in. I totally love it! Wait to find out what would happen next.
Highly Recommended!
Comments
Post a Comment