Last Chance at Love: A Novel (Love Takes a Chance Book 1) by Judith Kay

Last Chance at Love: A Novel (Love Takes a Chance Book 1) 

by Judith Kay

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.4/5

Synopsis
Unexpected romance, complex family relations, and unhealed wounds comingle as two single parents wrestle with their pasts, putting everything on the line for one last chance at love.

Samira Cartwright is smart, she is steady, and she is very settled. Widowed much too young, Samira is raising her daughters as a single mother and running the programs at the local library. Her life is simple, safe, and predictable. Maybe too predictable!

J.P. Ralston's life is anything but simple. His professional reputation in the courtroom reflects great success, but his reputation with women speaks otherwise. Detached, untamed, and set in his ways, J.P. embarks upon new territory when research needed to close a case intersects with Samira's jurisdiction at the library.

My Thoughts
Last Chance at Love As this book continued page by page, one could see how one's action could affect one's present more than ever thought. Don’t let the slow start fool you. It gets much better as it goes along. Not as upbeat as most of novels, but, in my experience, an accurate depiction of the family dynamics. She catalogues the behaviors from a place of detachment but does not reveal the final piece of the puzzle until almost the end. I was left with a sense of "where do I go from here" at the end. I must say it's an amazing piece of literature with engaging storytelling , 
Truely inspiration for each of the characters and their history was very believable and compelling. I cried and laughed throughout this book. It was intriguing as to how each character reacted to their lives past and now how the future together was brightened by being together. This was a very emotional journey ; happiness and love of self and others. Again, you out did yourself presenting this story and the storytelling was blessed!!!

I enjoyed reading this book. The characters are engaging and amazing the connection is undeniable throughout the pages. The storyline flowed easily throughout the pages. I couldn't put it down, wanting to get to the end to find out how life turned out for each of the characters. But I also didn't want it to end, because spending time with those people was a wonderful experience.

I love everything Judith Kay writes. Great characters insightful story lines real people that you'd love to meet. I will want to re-read this one.

Highly Recommended!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni

Revenge Seeker by Vk Tritschler