Life in Chains: A Behavior Science Guy Sets Out to Do the Unthinkable, Change His Own Behavior by Jonathan C. Blann
Life in Chains: A Behavior Science Guy Sets Out to Do the Unthinkable, Change His Own Behavior
by Jonathan C. Blann
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.5/5
Synopsis
Everything you do is determined. So who is behind the wheel? You are.
My Thoughts
Without a doubt, a key quality every successful person has is perseverance: the grit and drive and will to keep pushing forward in spite of challenges and obstacles. Luckily, if you're trying to do big things, determination and willpower are qualities you can develop. Perseverance is something we can all develop. (Even me.) But developing grit also takes time. So, if you need a quick shot of determination, Life in Chains: A Behavior Science Guy Sets Out to Do the Unthinkable, Change His Own Behavior is an amazing book. I must say , I truely loved it. The ideas in this book and the format in which it is delivered is a much welcome change from other self-help books. This book is beyond incredible. All you need to know, is that if you are like me, you are incredibly skeptical of "popular" "self-help" books. I am a student of philosophy, so trying to figure out things like "What's your purpose" "what is happiness" has occupied so much of my time, that the idea that a truly effective way to live for oneself and be happy can be condensed into such a readable, yet densely packed book, seems impossible.
Yet this book pulls it off, and more. You will be challenged by it -- reading it, but the ideas. You will want to run away, call it lofty mumbo-jumbo, whatever. Just stick with it. It will be worth it, I absolutely promise. And if anyone buys this, reads it, and thinks "I hated it, I didn't get it / didn't like it at all" -- Please feel free to message me, I would love to discuss it with you.
This book is a powerful antidote, which I expect to read again and again.
Highly Recommended!
Comments
Post a Comment