Trail of Worth by Shannon Colman

Trail of Worth 

by Shannon Colman

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Ratings 4.4/5

Synopsis
As a new year approaches, a twenty-four-year-old woman leaves her unfulfilling life in England to pursue her goal of moving to Vancouver Island, Canada. Upon arrival, she encounters the challenges of adjusting to her new environment, advancing her career, and navigating an unstable relationship. Faced with unexpected struggles, she finds herself on a journey to discover and develop her sense of worth in a foreign country.

An honest portrayal of moving overseas and a candid look at the complexity of human relationships, Trail of Worth explores the intertwining elements that influence how we perceive ourselves during the quarter-life period.

My Thoughts
Trail of Worth by Shannon Colman is an inspiring and exciting read, authentic and filled with interesting and relatable journey of a brave a twenty-four-year-old woman who leaves her unfulfilling life in England to pursue her goal of moving to Vancouver Island, Canada. Upon arrival, she encounters the challenges of adjusting to her new environment, advancing her career, and navigating an unstable relationship. Faced with unexpected struggles, she finds herself on a journey to discover and develop her sense of worth in a foreign country. I have enjoyed every single page and I would definitely recommend it not only to those who like travelling, but equally to those who are what to live their lives to the fullest without any regret.
Are you planning to move abroad?
There are numerous things you must carefully consider such as what you must pack, how you will pack it, how you will keep in contact with loved ones and where you will live. You are often left with little time to become excited about your move and to enjoy contemplating on the new adventures you are about to embark on. Trail of Worth is for smart people who not only want to think outside the box but live outside the box as well. I must say I didn't know what to expect going into reading this book. But after reading the sample on my kindle, I realized I couldn't have been more wrong. In a good way! This book is above all things honest. Shannon Colman shares openly about her experiences in a way that is real and relatable but she absolutely does not tell you how to live your life. It's exactly what it says on the tin: a memoir. Very refreshing and actually engaging and truely inspirational! I couldn't stop myself reading this book even in very public transport. However, on a more serious note, her adventurous journey make you reconsider your priorities and how you see yourself in relationships. Just in her telling her story, you can't help but do a bit of introspection along the way. 

I absolutely loved this book. The conversational aspect of the writing, the challenges of overcoming loss of self-worth and simple thoughts of being in a long-distance relationship. A twenty something travel lover was enticing. I genuinely loved this book. It inspired me in so many ways.

Highly Recommended!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CYBER SMART: The Indian Family's Guide to Outsmart Scammers By Satyen

Design Your Career: Lead Self, Lead Others, Lead Change By Pavan Soni

Revenge Seeker by Vk Tritschler